Quality Football

Where have all the posters gone that railed against the poor quality of football under GM. Now we have DJ having to play "effective" football (dire 4-5-1 at home) it is claimed that is what is now needed to survive and get results. Wasn,t Megsons approach also what was needed to improve on and move us into contention for promotion? considering both have/had limited resources? It,s funny how attitudes change due to circumstance and necessity.

Why is it that people think we have to play 2 up front at home and that 4-5-1, 4-3-3,4-2-3-1 is dire and negative? Do Arsenal play 2 up front? Do Chelsea? Do Swansea? Do Liverpool?

Guest totemowl

Go on then, always willing to listen and learn, out of all our games this season, except maybe Brighton, which of our opponents so far have played this comfortable on the ball football, and not grafted out the results.

Awww, now your changing the goalposts. Now it's just teams who've played us this season. Now they have had to have grafted out the results.

Tell you what, let's pick up on that last point and your last point in that previous post. How many Premiership games are won without the application of effort, graft and endeavour?

Lanzaroteowl had been very quick to jump on DJ at any opportunity but to be fair to him at least he still posts when we win unlike some other very vocal anti DJ posters who have disappeared since results improved.

He still posts and moans about the fact we are winning.

Guest Wilf Marshall

I think it's different in League 1.

Some of us thought we should have been smashing teams playing whatever way

A lot of those teams are so poor that it was conceivable that we could have played good football and got promoted. That's why some fans didn't go with Megson's idea. We are a MASSIVE club in terms of League 1.

Brutal long ball is usually good when against class teams in the prem, hence Stoke, Bolton etc.

Now in this league it seems not so easy and so we have to try and win regardless.

DJ knows what to do in my opinion.

You are asking the question in your OP like Megson was automatically effective and was only sacked because he played unattractive hoofshite.

I merely pointed out the obvious truth that he was not on both counts.

GM went on that run in L1. We are in the NPC now.

DJ is a better manager. He got us promoted. End of.

In my op, I was not on about what got GM sacked (I,m sure it was not the style of football), I was on about how the people who were slagging the style of football of GM and were lording it about how skillful and cultured our football had become, are now the same ones who are saying it,s results that matter, however they are achieved. So quick they are to change oppinion.

We played DJ's prefered system against Leeds and the football in spells was the best we've played for years, we played the same system down at Ipswich where we battered them and scored 3 goals.

"Dire 4-5-1 at home"

Your simply using a disjointed performance to suit your agenda, we know you want DJ sacked, you've made it abundantly clear.

Ok, we get the message.

You can stop now, it's getting a little tedious.

Are you saying that people should form an opinion on something and stick to it forever?

Or are you just pointing out that some people have changed their minds about something and now have a different opinion to the one that they had last year and you feel the need to publish this fact?

Guest Wilf Marshall

I don't think we really want that style of football in this country.

I know there is the clamour for it after seeing Barca and Spain but it's not our culture.

We like this brutalising, smashing, running hard style.

There is room in that to show skill and play a bit and DJ knows that.

He isn't a long ball clod.

I wants us to do both..if we get the opportunity to play some nice football all well and good but I want us to do the nasty brutal fighting for points win as well...teams hate other teams who turn and say " if you want to play football let's do but of you want to fight bring it on "