Sheffield Wednesday fans impress with their patience

This season has been one of the best in living history in terms of Sheffield Wednesday fans using their brains over their hearts and understanding Dave Jones has a mission with regards to survival

I think it's dawned on many fans that we're not going to storm this league and get promotion and that in fact we just need to claw to safety this year

So with that in mind I'd like to say a big well done to Wednesday fans for keeping patient as things come right

Your patience will be rewarded over coming weeks

Owlstalk Shop

The games at home to Birmingham and Millwall had a great atmosphere and then after the Hillsborough came out the atmosphere has been flatter. We need something to get the atmosphere back to what it was which can hopefully get an extra 20% out of the players.

Chris Lines and Reda coming back, that should be inspiration for the squad!

last few times weve been there weve been thumped, on paper their side looked strong but after a dodgy start we dis well. you can feel its coming together,dj nearly knows his best side, think you are being a bit negative neil with your relegation survival thoughts. and the fans on the whole are being superb

Hopefully the start of something new.

Right behind him though and the biggest fault probably is his style of play is better than the players we've got.

No doubt he's the man and if we lose the next 20 he'll still get my backing because I personally don't think we'd be here if it was for him

Guest v1images

Yep. All the fans wanting him out, flip off. Dave Jones is the man for us, few more performances like at home to Leeds t'other night and we'll start gaining places.

1 point will take us further than 3? That's news to me.

I have faith in Jones to turn it around but in a results driven business how long can we keep the faith?

Guest intercity0wl

We have missed Reda badly. You only have to meet him to see what energy and enthusiasm he brings to the team.

Just one little point on Reda's return to the side, i would imagine that after spending so long out it is going to take him a few week weeks to get anywhere near full match fitness, much like the Jay Bothroyd scenario.

If DJ decides to do the same and plunge him straight into the starting eleven, to try and regain that fitness in the shortest time span possible, how long before the usual suspects on here start with the "what is he doing playing him unfit," or" Reda's lost it" comments ??, because we all know that will happen

What I don't understand is some of our fans belief that sacking DJ will bring a resolution to our problems on the pitch. If anything it will have detrimental effect, and we really be back at square one.

DJ achieved the unthinkable from the position we found ourselves in last season. This league is a lot harder, tighter than ever, and we have had to bring in new recruits to compete at this level. DJ might have got a few things wrong, some signing might not have been quite ready, but I bet he will fix them given some more time.

Happy Clappers Inc