Sheffield Wednesday fans impress with their patience

1 point will take us further than 3? That's news to me.

I have faith in Jones to turn it around but in a results driven business how long can we keep the faith?

We can keep the faith as long as we need to mate, it's the Chairman that needs to keep the faith and the confidence. So far MM has been very quiet - perhaps some may say too quiet but then again, what do some people expect him to say. There could be other reasons behind his silence (no conspiracy theories on here please). But - even though i now declare that I think we would be better to stay with DJ for the long term, I seriously believe if we don't get it right over the next two games - minimum 4 points - he is down the kermit.

Guest Leeswfc3

Yep. All the fans wanting him out, flip off. Dave Jones is the man for us, few more performances like at home to Leeds t'other night and we'll start gaining places.

pffff

Edited by Leeswfc3

Round and round we go.

I really do think half the people on here have got mental problems.

Dave Jones has just got us promoted and he his now building a talented young squad that will in time bring success back to the club, and people want to sack him after a quarter of the season. Come on ffs there's no quick fixes in football and you'll find that the most successful clubs all have stability.

So can all you drama queens please keep your heads please, it'll come good very soon

Uto

I agree , like everyone that Saturday is huge, and this isnt negative but we must not lose.

Looking at the table we have played 7 of the top ten sides , but only 3 for the bottom ten.

The lack of a striker who doesnt let defenders settle is for me our biggest shortcoming. Yes I know centre back pairings etc , but we have great pace wide, but teams arent beign rattled in central defence

If we can pick up something on Saturday, then four home games in November will see us pull away from the foot of the table and lift the spirits for everyone..

This season has been one of the best in living history in terms of Sheffield Wednesday fans using their brains over their hearts and understanding Dave Jones has a mission with regards to survival

I think it's dawned on many fans that we're not going to storm this league and get promotion and that in fact we just need to claw to safety this year

So with that in mind I'd like to say a big well done to Wednesday fans for keeping patient as things come right

Your patience will be rewarded over coming weeks

Lets hope so.

I think our previous experiences in this league have helped, we know how tough it can be. But I suspect some serious unrest if we lose at Ipswich.

I'd take our position now than over the last time we were in this division that's for sure.

Not skint....3/4 of the season to go.....starting to be entertaining to watch.....division in front of the pigs.....crowds on the up....better quality players in the squad......a manager who likes to have the ball down on the deck......

What I don't understand is some of our fans belief that sacking DJ will bring a resolution to our problems on the pitch. If anything it will have detrimental effect, and we really be back at square one.

DJ achieved the unthinkable from the position we found ourselves in last season. This league is a lot harder, tighter than ever, and we have had to bring in new recruits to compete at this level. DJ might have got a few things wrong, some signing might not have been quite ready, but I bet he will fix them given some more time.

Happy Clappers Inc

I think were on the cusp of things really clicking, especially if we get a bit of quality in the wide area in terms of deliveries.

But I think it needs to happen in the next few games otherwise morale will take a big hit.

Reading this thread you'd think the last 2 months hadn't happened.

2 points from 27 is absolutely rogering pathetic, simple as that.

Jones has made some shocking decisions, has signed some decidely average players and turned a limted but unified group of players into a group of individuals who look like they've never met each other before.

I really hope Jones turns things round, starting with these next 2 games, but deep down I really think he's lost the plot.

I fully expect to get negged to oblivion but I'm just speaking as I find, since we lost at Palace we've been nothing short of a shambles.

Last 2 months have happend. Just check out how much we have spent on Transfer fees compared to everyone else. P/Boro aside. People are expecting too much too quickly.

Take a look at the line up this time last year and tell me in all honesty how many of Meggys team, could cut it in the top half of the championship. Then do the same with Charlton and Huddersfield squads.

Meggy knew what was needed and build a team that was strong in body and mind to cope with playing at Hillsborough.Our squad needed a much bigger overhaul than the other two to cope with the championship, and the change in style. I am sure that no body would complain about the improvement in the quality of football we are now trying to play.

As I said in previous post , if we are pulling out of this mess at the end of Nov then , we can push on with more quality in January

Guest beatleowl

This season has been one of the best in living history in terms of Sheffield Wednesday fans using their brains over their hearts and understanding Dave Jones has a mission with regards to survival

I think it's dawned on many fans that we're not going to storm this league and get promotion and that in fact we just need to claw to safety this year

So with that in mind I'd like to say a big well done to Wednesday fans for keeping patient as things come right

Your patience will be rewarded over coming weeks

Wednesday fans are always reasonably patient with managers. We've had a lot of poo poo ones who's heads have been called for at the right time. Dave jones is one match away from being justifiably questioned. But thanks for the plaudits they mean so much ;-)