Sheffield Wednesday fans impress with their patience

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Well this will probably be DJ's last match.

You know how Milan likes to play games.

We'll win four nil, and we'll sack him in the morning. :)

Guest Bedders

We have missed Reda badly. You only have to meet him to see what energy and enthusiasm he brings to the team.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

I've talked to him previously with his wrist strapped up & even recently with the big plastic foot / ankle support boot that he's had to endure. What I've noticed is that he brushes them all aside with a big smile, jokey attitude & a positivity.Nowt seems to get him down.....they just seem to be little set backs & obstacles to overcome to him.

I think it's this sort of attitude we've been missing on the pitch.......when we've been up against it, he gets hold of the ball with a surging run or even with a strong body tackle, gets the crowd going & instils belief back into the side. Not sure if he'd be captain material as he seems a quiet sort of bloke, but he definitely leads by example that is for sure. All the best teams have 11 captains out there.

I tell ya I wish I had half the positive attitude he has! Seriously.

Edited by Bedders

Who's gonna come in and do a better job?!?!?!?

*all of a sudden it goes quiet*

No one mate - but DJ has to start looking at the errors of his own ways. It is taking too much time for "his" team to gel and maybe he is unaware of what is at stake. MM, as a businessman will be able to draw the line between friendship and professionalism and DJ is very close to stepping over it - I believe. MM wouldn't share his thoughts on DJ's future with DJ - very bad business move. I wouldn't like to see him go (after a lot of consideration) but the results have to start coming positive before that gap gets even wider (and this time there will be no T-shirts on sale!). I also thinking that line I mentioned above could be tomorrow.

The games at home to Birmingham and Millwall had a great atmosphere and then after the Hillsborough came out the atmosphere has been flatter. We need something to get the atmosphere back to what it was which can hopefully get an extra 20% out of the players.

the players need to lift the fans, one lot is getting very handsomely paid, the other paying high prices to watch...

there should be no 20% extra, the full 100% should be there from the start of every game...

at home i'd like to see us starting hot, lookin' to rip someone a new 'un in the first 10...

come to think of it, we might as well start hot away too, as concentrating on not conceding in the first 20 isn't working...

Those who continue to support the club/team/milan during this tough time will be able to look back in years to come PROUDLY and say that they were the ones who backed the club through it's worst run in history instead of jumping on hysterical fanny bandwagons and flapping hands shouting for a new manager

When the going gets tough - it's time to stand up and be counted and support the club

It's Wednesday Til I Die - not 'wednesday till we lose a few games'

Owlstalk Shop

Those who continue to support the club/team/milan during this tough time will be able to look back in years to come PROUDLY and say that they were the ones who backed the club through it's worst run in history instead of jumping on hysterical fanny bandwagons and flapping hands shouting for a new manager

When the going gets tough - it's time to stand up and be counted and support the club

Have you answered Asteeners question from a few weeks ago yet?

This is not intended to be derogatory but some people may well decide to take it that way. I'm just wondering if what we have here is a difference in psychological make-up with no inference necessary of one approach being better than another.

How many of those who think Jones should be sacked were also among those who quickly felt the same about Shreeves, Yorath, Turner, Sturrock, Laws, Irvine and Megson?

How many of those who think Jones should be sacked were also among those who quickly felt the same about Shreeves, Yorath, Turner, Sturrock, Laws, Irvine and Megson?

I would hazard it's a vast majority

The same fans who screamed for Antonio to be signed, who hailed Rodri as a world beater, and who were slagging COG last season yet now scream for him to start every game

Owlstalk Shop

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

One of my favourites - Martin Luthor King Jr. (spoken somewhere near Memphis, TN)

Work our if this refers to the Wednesdayites or to Dave Jones - or both!

Edited by Bahrain Owl

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

One of my favourites - Martin Luthor King Jr. (spoken somewhere near Memphis, TN)

Work our if this refers to the Wednesdayites or to Dave Jones - or both!

Is Mandaric playing the part of James Earl Ray (or whoever really shot him)?

:ph34r:

the players need to lift the fans, one lot is getting very handsomely paid, the other paying high prices to watch...

there should be no 20% extra, the full 100% should be there from the start of every game...

at home i'd like to see us starting hot, lookin' to rip someone a new 'un in the first 10...

come to think of it, we might as well start hot away too, as concentrating on not conceding in the first 20 isn't working...

I understand what you are saying as they are in a privileged position but going to the first games I felt positive and really up for the games. The Hillsborough report though just put a downer on things (I dont mean that disrespectfully to the 96) and we don't seem to have picked up the pace from that at home games. I remember Mick (Lawrie Madden) on the radio saying how much he looked forward to going to Hillsborough and the positive buzz there was along with thousands of others.

This season has been one of the best in living history in terms of Sheffield Wednesday fans using their brains over their hearts and understanding Dave Jones has a mission with regards to survival

I think it's dawned on many fans that we're not going to storm this league and get promotion and that in fact we just need to claw to safety this year

So with that in mind I'd like to say a big well done to Wednesday fans for keeping patient as things come right

Your patience will be rewarded over coming weeks

Might be better off in the end taking time to climb back.