six points or out

Guest Big Guns

Sh!t, I actually agree with Big Guns.

Not sure anybody will actually get us winning regularly, but somethings got to give and it will be DJs job.

I still, and will always think DJ is a top manager, but such is the nature of the game these days, a run of results like ours only ends in one thing, the sad thing is that the last 3 or 4 games have all been there for the taking.

Guest In_Milan_We_Trust

FFS calm down....nowt will happen until after the xmas/new year....let's just get behind the club and stop fookin' moaning.

I dont agree xmas could be too late. Theres already a small gap begining to open. We diont want to be cut adrift. I am fully behind the club always have and always will be. I am off to Ipswich Saturday and will come back with no voice and a banging headache. But realization has to set in at some point, its a results based business and at the moment we are not producing the goods.

UTO

WTID

I can't believe you lot can't see what is front of your noses. This is not anything like Irvine. The team is playing well and playing well against the better teams in the league. When Irvine was here we we playing badly against everyone.

So you sack DJ then what are you going to do?

Who are you going to bring in?

Whoever comes in will have very little scope in the transfer market.

Whoever comes in, can they get the team playing much better?

What changes can a new manger realistically make to turn good performance with no win into games of any performance but a win.

Get in a proven striker I here you say, but does a new manager necessarily have a better chance of doing that than DJ?

Clearly MM is not afraid of making bold, brave decisions but this would exceed the decision to sack Megson. It's still October FFS.

Get a grip.

UTO

I can't believe you lot can't see what is front of your noses. This is not anything like Irvine. The team is playing well and playing well against the better teams in the league. When Irvine was here we we playing badly against everyone.

So you sack DJ then what are you going to do?

Who are you going to bring in?

Whoever comes in will have very little scope in the transfer market.

Whoever comes in, can they get the team playing much better?

What changes can a new manger realistically make to turn good performance with no win into games of any performance but a win.

Get in a proven striker I here you say, but does a new manager necessarily have a better chance of doing that than DJ?

Clearly MM is not afraid of making bold, brave decisions but this would exceed the decision to sack Megson. It's still October FFS.

Get a grip.

UTO

agree -

Stick with him - Not been DJ's biggest fan this season but thing is there are already Championship jobs available at Burnley, Blackburn and Ipswich

Any potential replacement for DJ will probably have a shout at those jobs as well

Add to that working for MM might not suit some candidates and we may be looking at replacing with a poor choice

When we got DJ we may have been lucky in that he didnt have many more options at the time - would he have come here if faced with choice of us or say Blackburn in current circumstances ???

Completely agree 6 points is now crucial or it will become difficult to make the gorund up even over a long period!!

Ipswich is now a massive game and will go one of two ways. We either get hammered (the manager factor and Ipswich turn up) or we will give them a pasting because someone is due one and IMO this is the perfect opportuntiy!!

Two more defeats will result in a taxi been ordered...Not neccessarily my option nor do i want this to happen but a winless run of 10/12 games is not acceptable. How many times have we seen it with past manaers in similar scenarios, it becomes very stale and its hard to see where the points are going to come from. Some times a change is needed to freshen things up.

Guest Wilf Marshall

Sadly I don't think he can survive if we don't win one of the next two matches. Even though the performances are fairly decent recently, we will be firmly in the relegation zone soon if we don't start winning and MM will not cope with that. Expectations were much higher than that at the start of the season, and rightly so.

Has to come that point where you say enough is enough.

I was encouraged by our performance against Leeds (we were damn unlucky), but then that is one of the classic hallmarks of a team struggling.

This run now stretches to 9,10 games?? and two more defeats in a row - to the two teams actually poorer than us - would be a devastating blow.

I've never understood this "X points from the next X games" thinking.

Let's say we win both 3-0. We then lose the next 6. Is he still in a job because he got those 6 points or not?

Surely the better thing to do as a chairman would be to take a step back, look at his record since he arrived, look at the signings he's made, the performances we're putting in, his previous records and decide if you've got confidence in him to take the club forward. I trust Milan to do this and after the Megson episode last year, I trust him to get it right. So no "He's got to go if we don't win Saturday" from me.

If we don't win the next two games dj must be sacked.

It's a no flippingbrainer...

Agree totally.

Although it's still relatively early days, if we fail to win our next 2 games, there's a very real chance of a gap opening up.

The thought of a return to League 1 is just too depressing to contemplate.

Guest silvergusy

I think DJ could get 4 points from the next 2 games and keep his job, lose to Ipswich and it's bye bye DJ.

How many times are poeple going to watch us and come away after another defeat saying 'we've almost turned the corner'? How foooking big is this corner?!

Lets get behind the lads for Saturday and make sure we are celebrating 3 points!!

UTO

How many times are poeple going to watch us and come away after another defeat saying 'we've almost turned the corner'? How foooking big is this corner?!

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I'm getting flipping fed up of us "nearly" getting a result and playing well, I'm way past caring now.

I just want us to start winning football matches with or without Jones and I don't care how we do it.

Just think, Alex Ferguson was only one or two defeats away from the sack and well the rest is history.

I'm undecided about a change of manager, yes results are dire at the moment but everyone agrees that performances are improving, how long before MM loses his patience ?

The Massive question is who would he bring in ? Billy Davies, Owen Coyle, Mick McCarthy, Harry Rednapp (No chance of him coming anyway)..etc, would these types really improve us ?

Then you have to look at managers already employed which in most cases would cost MM thousands in compensation.

The only man I could see having an automatic impact is Paulo Di Canio, he's done a great job at Swindon and would give us a massive lift from day one although I would be doubtful as to whether he'd want to come back to Hillsborough.

I say stick with DJ until at least Christmas, I genuinely believe results will improve starting with 4 points from the next 2 games.