I work with teenagers and have seen / heard so many of them laughing and generally talkingly in glowing terms about Friday night and 'good' it looked on TV that I am honestly shocked.

The worst though has to be the amount who are perpetuating Warnock's initial 'tonne of bricks' comment about Kirkland, suggesting he play acted and is, I quote, 'a wimp'.

These are, frequently, the same kids who defended Evans or suggested 'that is not rape', or, 'he didn't mean to rape her'.

Some people on here are lamenting the state of our country; try speaking to the future of it and you will be mortified.

Some fat bird said it at work, saying he went down like a "big girl", given that she is a very big girl I offered to shove her with both hands in the jaw and see if she stood up,

Still awaiting confirmation over whether or not I'm allowed to do it, will keep you posted.

I'm not being out of order when I say it's more of an incident that football fans care about, I.e snooker were outraged when once there was a streaker on the table. Or if something had happened in American football similar how many of you could say you gave a throw. Not removing anything from Chris Kirkland, just the fact that generally its just another news story for most people.

You mean Sheffield united fans?

Mostly yes, but I would like to think club rivalry would not affect people's judgement. maybe I am being naive but I remember when leeds chucked seats on the pitch at Bramall Lane and Wednesday fans I know were condemning their actions, not laughing as it was our rival's ground being wrecked.

Or am I wearing rose tinted glasses?

There are some good kids out there trouble is there are to many bad ones, these know that society can't lift a finger against them and sadly this is utilised, respect for other people went out of the window many years ago ,thats why we are were we are today ,

I work with teenagers and have seen / heard so many of them laughing and generally talkingly in glowing terms about Friday night and 'good' it looked on TV that I am honestly shocked.

The worst though has to be the amount who are perpetuating Warnock's initial 'tonne of bricks' comment about Kirkland, suggesting he play acted and is, I quote, 'a wimp'.

These are, frequently, the same kids who defended Evans or suggested 'that is not rape', or, 'he didn't mean to rape her'.

Some people on here are lamenting the state of our country; try speaking to the future of it and you will be mortified.

T'country is fooked when you look at the scrotes in the current teenage generation.

I'm going to sound like my grandad here but national service is the only way forward.

Respect is a dying business.

A guy I know who works in football immediately said Kirkland went down like a "sack of spuds" but I pulled him up on it straight away. I mentioned the time my brother (slightly shorter but similar frame to Kirkland) was once decked in surprise by a jealous boyfriend who thought our kid was playing with his missu, and he went down the same. When you're not expecting it, you invariably will hit the floor. Cawley clearly put a bit of force into it too.

Parents have so much to answer for when it comes to the glorifying of what the scroat did and the mocking of victims.

Kids have no moral compass when they get together.

I don't necessarily thing it means they have no conscience at all, just that they think that saying the most ignorant or callous thing will bring them the most 'kudos'.

Just a reflection on what kids do or say to fit in....in my opinion.

Edited by Beholder

Let's not have the whole youth of today debate shall we, flick open most newspapers nowadays and we can expect to see something along the lines of a negative viewpoint or how Britain will explode into civil war or riot any minute. Fact is, some people don't care about Chris Kirkland and some people don't care about Mark Howard or Paddy Kenny and I wouldn't be as outraged if it had happened to Paddy Kenny or Mark Howard, as if it had happened to one of our own like it did. Now I wouldn't find it funny and would'nt support it but because it was one of our own I'm sure we find it worse. Don't want to condemn those that are ridiculing it but I think youll get my point.

Some fat bird said it at work, saying he went down like a "big girl", given that she is a very big girl I offered to shove her with both hands in the jaw and see if she stood up,

Still awaiting confirmation over whether or not I'm allowed to do it, will keep you posted.

No need, we'll feel the earth shudder if you do.

You'll get 4 months max except you could claim provocation. Slap on the wrists I reckon at worst.

Post pics.

All kids are bad and the future is doooooooomed.

Let's be honest about this whole situation. These kids are most likely just like the Leeds fans on friday night, 1 or 2 total idiots, a few that are easily lead and the rest just normal kids who are in the wrong group but aren't bad.

Just not bothered...

All kids are bad and the future is doooooooomed.

Let's be honest about this whole situation. These kids are most likely just like the Leeds fans on friday night, 1 or 2 total idiots, a few that are easily lead and the rest just normal kids who are in the wrong group but aren't bad.

Unless the OP works in a juvenile detention centre then i see why he would think like that lol