Up coming games

Anyone fancy a chat about football? There seems to be enough about the other stuff on here.

I can't get to Blackburn as I'm working. I think this is going to be a difficult game for us. My mate is a Derby fan and says that Blackburn outplayed them. He told me we need to watch out for Jordan Rhodes (I explained that we know all about Rhodes).

That sad I think we need a positive approach, we look best when we are passing and trying to get break down the wing. Our final ball is letting us down though, Buxton made a great run against Leeds but misplaced his pass. If we try to go for a draw I think we'll lose badly. The defence looked tighter on Friday, the gaps seem to have gone, but the mis-hit clearances are a real concern.

Really looking forward to Ipswich, it is one of my favourite grounds, especially the pint of Adnams pre-match. Again I think a positive approach will be key, if we attack like we did in the first half on Friday I think they will capitulate. A good away one there could really kick start our season.

Any thoughts?

Up the Owls.

I'll happily join any non-thuggery thread at the moment.

Next week might be a good time to play Blackburn - before their new manager is in post. I agree with Eckington, the Friday set up is essentially an away game formation anyway, so more of the same could get us at least a point.

Last time we played Rhodes, he fitted pretty neatly into Batth's pocket, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Semedo's this time.

I can see us getting 7 points from the next 9 and this will really see us kick on with our season.

The formation works for me. I'd rather we play 5 (essentially) in midfield and break up any play the other team has, than 4 in midfield and lose out. The only thing would be getting the wingers and attacking midfielder to make runs when we go on the attack, this was the only part of our game against Leeds that I thought we could improve on.

Yes, the Ipswich and Peterborough games are crucial if we want to try and get out of a battle. I'd take a point at Blackburn, but I think they may have too much for us.

I remember the last time we went to Ipswich it was a dull 0-0 and we both looked like relegation fodder. I hope we can do better this time.

Guest Big Guns

Don't get too excited the dingles played the scum of the park a couple of weeks ago

I'm sure the scum bags are in a false position...

We won't take 7 points from the next three games, we don't have a cutting edge. Certainly we are improving and there are signs of real quality in midfield. Playing just the one up front gives us a little more solidity and allows our creative players to prosper, but using just COG up front means we are pretty toothless. I'm happy to play the one up front if it makes us more solid but to win games we will need a different type of striker to COG or Madine.. I reckon four points maximum

Blackburn take a draw

Ipswich, Must win game!

Peterborough, must win game!

Otherwise it's going to be a tough old season.

Defiantly, but if we lose against Blackburn it won't be the end of the world so long as we keep our heads going into 2 MUST win games

Defiantly, but if we lose against Blackburn it won't be the end of the world so long as we keep our heads going into 2 MUST win games

People get confused over must win games. Of course at this point no game is must win however when you look at where Ipswich and Peterborough are compared to Blackburn you have to say that wins there are far more important.