Gary Madine - Goal Machine

Did well tonight Madine - Mayor was MOM though

How fast can he turn, run, turn defence into attack....

agree with this nearly choked on mi bovril when Mayor turned and ran at them laying off the ball for madine cries of 'who the flip was that ?' were heard when he did it again pretty damn good all round performance all right against their reserves but for me was head and shoulders MOM

Madine who I have to say worked hard tonight did well with the minimum of trade mark complaints to the ref - he only had 3 chances he put 2 away and just missed a 3rd + then giving up the penalty for the hat trick speaks volumes very pleased with his attitude tonight

Edited by steelowl

I would till like Madine and Rodri to be our starting front pairing at home....

I agree with this. Rodri has proved he can be a threat at Hillsborough and would be interesting to see him get a run with Madine as their abilities should suit playing together though Madine was very quiet in the Millwall home game. It would be harsh to drop COG but he rarely looks like scoring at S6 and think his style is more suited to away games when we need strength to hold the ball and keep it, more of a physical presence.

Can't think of many teams that continually change their strikers specifically to suit home/away games though?

Just got a message from my new best mate The Goal Machine.

He said to tell you nobbers on Owlstalk to stick that in your pipes and to smoke it.

He also said I was the only one on here worth listening to (that's true)

Finally, I should introduce him to the hot asian bird in our office.

His text said I was definitely in the 5% category. Or at least I think it did, but my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

Chill mon

Edited by theowlsman

I like Madine, I like Rodri, no issues with Bothroyd and await Maguire getting his chance.

However...

COG 5

Madine 1 (pen)

Rodri 1

Bothroyd 0

Maguire 0

Pecnik 0

Antonio 3

JJ 3

Reda 3

Llera 2

Barkley 1 (pen)

Edited by 33

Madine should be playing. I'm a Jones supporter but this is one thing that rankles with me.

We didn't need jay b, we had a big young target man of our own, ready to make an impact in a league he's not played in.

Get him back in and let's see if he can do it.

Told ya so

Nuff said

Best goalscorer we have at the club

Thats because its his level the championship is not!! BUT saying that he did actually run after the ball when it got away with him which Ive never seen him do before which is one of the most annoying traits about the bloke aka being lazy.

I thought Madine showed a much more mature approach to his game last night. It would have been so easy for him to sulk and show disinterest. Instead he probably covered as much ground during the match as in any first team game. He couldn't be faulted, and giving the hat-trick chance away set a good example to the youngsters in the squad. Well done Madine.