Gary Madine - Goal Machine

4-5-1 is temporary until players gel and we get to grips with this league

It's nothing to do with the formation. I'm suggesting Bothroyd probably has to play under the terms of his loan. And we aint going to play with 3 strikers.

Edited by Almat

Guest intercity0wl

Told ya so

Nuff said

Best goalscorer we have at the club

He Probably is, at last nighs level of football, but not with the big boys.

Madine is the kind of player who needs a run of games to perform at his peak. He's not at his best cominng off the subs bench or having the odd start here and there. If he got a few starts in a row I'm confident he would score goals in this league. Whether he will get that given our other striking options is debatable.

We could have had our own player getting match sharpness in the last 5 games rather than getting another teams player fit, and if Madine had not scored in those games whilst he honed his match sharpness then we wouldn,t have been any worse off! And furthermore we would know after these games whether he was truly up to the task of the Championship, not writing unfounded opinion on this thread.

Madine should be starting. Can't be many clubs who don't start last seasons top scorer.

The Pigs . . .

lol

Just been looking at all the goals from last season, other than being abit lightweight I think Madine can definately do it in this league.

Show him some love + time on the pitch = goals

Guest Leeswfc3

Told ya so

Nuff said

Best goalscorer we have at the club

Because he scored 2 at u 21 level?.......pffftt, yes i agree that he should start a few games and be given a chance...there's a reason why he hasn't been starting surely....

Edited by Leeswfc3

Guest tha_knows

I think he should be played against weeds, alongside Bothroyd, with a diamond midfield Rodri just behind the front 2, Barkley and JJ on the wings and Semedo as the defensive midfielder.

Because he scored 2 at u 21 level?.......pffftt, yes i agree that he should start a few games and be given a chance...there's a reason why he hasn't been starting surely....

Keep doubting

Haterz gonna hate

Whilst you're piddling about trying to justify him NOT playing Gary 'Goal Machine' Madine is sat waiting to prove you all wrong

We're hardly smashing goals in at the moment are we ?

The answer has always been Gary Madine.....

Best goalscorer we have at Sheffield Wednesday (as last season's tally shows)

If he got 5 straight games in the first team he'd bag at least 3 goals

It amazes me that so many people have decided Madine isn't up to Championship standard

They're saying it because they've read someone else post it, or heard someone else say it

NOT because they have any reasoned debate behind their criticism

Owlstalk Shop