The Case for Jones to Stay

It's a tricky one because the last time we were on a decline we had Irvine at the helm who had no proven track record...Jones on the other hand does (albeit with teams at the top end of the division). I'd stick with him purely because results in this league are so up and down. Like I say it's a tricky one to call. I don't envy Madaric's position, but it's a position he wants to be in (for the moment at least)

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Maybe but I don't care if we get a very nice man for the job or a raving lunatic, as long as they get us winning games.

Maybe we need a grade A w^nker?

DJ knows the score. If you don't get results, you get the sack. A lot of people said how great DJ was in getting us promoted, he took over a team that was 3rd in the league, and filled with determination and passion to fight and win every game. If MM had backed Megson back in January brining Marshall in on the left and Antonio on the right which is what Meggo wanted we would have been promoted!

The only case you can make, is looking longterm, despite the woeful short term. There have to be signs of progress though -

As I said in pre-season, I'd be happy with 4th bottom and I think we have enough to achieve that ... If we hadn't weakened our defence over the summer.

If we go down, it doesn't have to mean DJ needs to go - We are a League 1 to Championship yoyo club afterall

We need to be showing progresss though - The club has progressed in many respects over the summer ... Up the pace & lower the age of our backline, with saleable assets like Batth and I think the club will have progressed this year.

Are you actually serious about that? This isn't like we have a history like West Brom (of a few years back) of Championship to League One and back again. I understand negativity at the moment, but if fans really have this opinion then we should just give up and go home.

Saying that, I completely agree with your point about the backline. It irks me that we are signing players with great potential (mayor, McCabe, Corry (though I'm guessing on that one)) in attacking positions, but at centre back it is a crime to consider young players.

Edited by Owl Rly

Guest Wilf Marshall

I think he should get more time. At least until we are close to the point of no return.

No one else is going to sort it easily ..

I mean who would MM get?

Harry doesnt go north.

It would be big Mick or Billy Davies.

Guest jeffrey

jones has got to go now we need to stay in the championship not go down which looks likely at the minute

get rid before its too late