The Case for Jones to Stay

I'm undecided on whether he should go at the minute.

I'm right behind whatever Milan's decision is. If he sacks him, I can't really fault the decision but if he decided to give him some more time I can't blame him either.

Tough decision, but I trust Milan to make the best one for us.

We've not played great at the moment but nobody can deny that we haven't had much luck with some major decisions recently.

I'm pretty sure by Christmas we will be playing much better as a team.

Huddersfield have done well since they've come up but not every team which brings in so many new players gel together so quickly.

Anyone remember when Franics started the season with 3 new defenders out of the 4????

DJ signed a 3 year deal, I still believe he's one of the better Championship managers around.

Hull weren't any better than us, we scored a goal and should've had a pen.

1 point from a possible 21 tells you there isn't a case for him to stay.

I am afraid he carries the can.

Poor recruitment, poor team selection, poor tactics, poor press relations, poor substitutions.

The playing squad is a total shambles. The poor guy has totally lost the plot.

One man up front at home. Playing for a draw.

Very Irvinesque.

Apart from he is really nice bloke, with a good history, why should he stay.

Blind faith?

Guest pops55

The case for Jones to stay? He got us promoted and worked shrewdly in the transfer market.

Rome wasn't built in a day

And some one fiddled while it burned.

Megson admitted that the players he bought were bought in to get us out of that division. the argument many had with Megson was that the style of player shackled the players, and they needed more license to attack. DJ came in and immediately put two wingers in the side and looked to get at teams. It worked and we got out of the division. those players who were bought just to get us out of the division then became not good enough for the division we went into (with the exception of a rare few) the off-season was the perfect time for DJ to bring in his own players, unfortunately for us and him, they have either not turned up yet, or aren't good enough. Apart from McCabe, i dont think any DJ's signings have improved us. We have had our fair share of injuries, but far too often players have played woefully out of position, which have been strange gambles that havent paid off. MM really has got a decision on his hands here, but i trust him to get it right...sorry for the long winded analogy

All these people saying the main uestion is 'who would we replace DJ with ?'

I don't honestly think that's the main question. When you've draw 1 & lost 7 in 8 games, things can't go worse than they have been recently.

Steve Coterill would be an ideal manager IMO

We've not played great at the moment but nobody can deny that we haven't had much luck with some major decisions recently.

I'm pretty sure by Christmas we will be playing much better as a team.

Huddersfield have done well since they've come up but not every team which brings in so many new players gel together so quickly.

Anyone remember when Franics started the season with 3 new defenders out of the 4????

DJ signed a 3 year deal, I still believe he's one of the better Championship managers around.

Hull weren't any better than us, we scored a goal and should've had a pen.

We have pre season to bed in players not 2 weeks before the 2nd transfer window ffs. What do we do then write off the second half of the season to let those new players bed in.

Guest pops55

Megson admitted that the players he bought were bought in to get us out of that division. the argument many had with Megson was that the style of player shackled the players, and they needed more license to attack. DJ came in and immediately put two wingers in the side and looked to get at teams. It worked and we got out of the division. those players who were bought just to get us out of the division then became not good enough for the division we went into (with the exception of a rare few) the off-season was the perfect time for DJ to bring in his own players, unfortunately for us and him, they have either not turned up yet, or aren't good enough. Apart from McCabe, i dont think any DJ's signings have improved us. We have had our fair share of injuries, but far too often players have played woefully out of position, which have been strange gambles that havent paid off. MM really has got a decision on his hands here, but i trust him to get it right...sorry for the long winded analogy

When DJ came in he had nothing to lose, so it was easy for him to play the way he did and he was fortunate enough to ride the crest of the wave after the win against the pigs.

He did give us that extra push and unshackle the players from GM's style, but i say again he was in a win win situation if we didn't go up he was blameless but we know the story from there.

he's brought his own players in now and is own style of play which, if todays set up and performance is anything to go on then its just not good enough and he has now no excuses.

I think he will get a couple more game to pull it round and i hope he does, but i just can't see it he seems devoid of ideas at the moment.

Edited by pops55

I'm sure we could attract a defeat replacement. It's not the like the old days where we didn't have a pot to wee wee in.

I'm not convinced by Jones - think its 50/50 whether he can turn it around.

I'll just wait and back Milan whatever he decides.

Jeez i hope not.