The Case for Jones to Stay

Not sure why you thought my post suggested otherwise.ght my post suggested otherwise.

I asked a question; is a question of who else is out there ever a reason to stick with a manager who isn't getting the results?

Surely, this is the road to Hell.

It needs to be changed.

Does Milan trust DJ to do it good enough, though?

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

Wow a whole pre season.

We clearly should be pushing for promotion.

That's not what he said though is it?

No doubt you'll be clapping.

Tell yer. DJ out already, Cotterill Monday.

Oh dear god please no.

I think dj should stay. Granted he's made mistakes but we've had flip all luck of late and a couple of wins and were right back in mid table. Keep the faith

We can't keep sacking managers every time we hit a bad run. Jones should be given time to build his team for this league, time for his chosen players to gel together. We have taken a massive step from league one to the championship. Jones knows this league, what it's about and what it takes to be a success in it. Now if he says these players are good enough to do that then I'm with him.

And who else would we get, who else would we want ? Redknapp, never gonna happen. Who else ? Nobody. I've not seen one of the Jones out brigade come up with a reasonable replacement.

We've got one of the best managers out there for this level. It's gonna be a rough ride. But back him and I'm confident we'll reap the rewards.

DIdn't go today but to set up 4-5-1 (was it supposed to be 4-3-3) was very baffling indeed. Especially against a Hull side on a losing run, it's not like we were playing a top team.

I want to know whats happened to the pace energy and quality that we had earlier in the season against the likes of Milwall, Fulham and Brum. Has it all vanished just cos we went on a bad run?

Im torn on Jones. To me he seems very good at keeping a winning run going, but isn't good at changing a teams system/team and mentality when losing. I remember Cardiff went on a 5 match losing run to miss out on the playoffs a few years back. I just don't get the feeling he's one to bark at the players and get them fired up again.

We need to hope we get a break and a win for the players confidence to return. If it does I think we'll be ok, worrying times for us and DJ though. Another 2/3 losses and Milan won't have any choice no matter how much he likes DJ, we'll be getting cut adrift.

Strong rumour that MM is lining up Steve Cotterill, who turned Bournemouth away yesterday. Second choice is Eddie Howe from Burnley. 'Arry is waiting for Mark Hughes to get offed from QPR.

I hate Cotterill he's fvuking useless. Compains about luck/refereeing decisions every game if they lose, my Forest mate told me all about him.

'Can't keep sacking managers.

What's worrying is our lack of creativity, urgency and pace in our play.

I also think that some of the players he has brought in are poor players.

But he deserves longer!

No after todays result (and the previous 6) he doesn't deserve longer. We started out out this season losing, 2 down, the team brought us back and we won 4-2 (Oldham, yes I know league 1 blah blah). Then against Derby 2 down, drew 2-2 and should have won.And it continued, losing to start with but coming back. Now we look completely disinterested, apart from Burnley never look like coming back into it (and then it was a surprise realy). Who thought we would equalise today. NO ONE!! DJ got us promoted with Megson's team, but dropped on because Megson had beasted them, created spirit and will to win, and he inherited it. This is now DJ's team and it is utter poo poo. If DJ was so good why did he come to a league 1 side, because he isn't as good as people think and no one else wanted him.I build teams he claims He has an arrogance about him, he can't be wrong. Taylor, he's right, Danny Batth, he's right, Bothroyd, he's right, Lee, he's right. These are all wrong decisions. His signings and he's wrong about them. A couple of decent centre halfs can't be so difficult to find with all his contacts. I don't know who is the answer but DAVE JONES IS flippingNOT.

Show me some evidence he worked shrewdly in the transfer market?

On the evidence of this season he signed 1 good player, Antonio - who was really megsons signing.

I'd also say McCabe and Barkley are good signings in their own rights but they need to be playing with a more experienced Championship player.

Guest Wilf Marshall

By "point of no return" I mean adrift with not much chance for anyone to come in and turn it around.

A couple of wins and we are pushing close to the playoffs.

It's easy in hindsight to look back and say he should have done this or that.

League 1 is a joke compared to this league. There are serious teams in this league who have spent millions.

He did right to get those players in. Don't tell me anyone here knows any better, realistic targets.

On paper Barkley, Bothroyd, Kirkland, Gardener, McCabe are good signings that were needed.

That is a good squad he's assembled.

What do you think Billy Davies or Big Mick is gonna do? They would have the same issues.

Harry would be a coup and he would get it all going. He would get players like Joe Cole on loan and have a right crack at it but he won't come so ultimately you have to ask yourself whether you want Billy Davies or Cotterill who won't do jack.

Having reshaped the squad, he has to finish the job. What worries me is that he seems satisfied with his squad when there are clearly deficiencies there He's made some bad signings, not necessarily bad players, but not the players we need Remedy this and we can get the show back on the road

Tell yer. DJ out already, Cotterill Monday.

That would be far from inspiring at face value.

One things for sure, MM wont be taking the view that we can be involved in a relegation battle. Going down is not an option, getting up was bloody difficult!

Edited by Bluesteel