The Case for Jones to Stay

To an extent I'm just playing the objective Devil's Advocate here, and I'm going to keep my personal opinion on the matter of Jones' future to myself right now..

But for those who think Jones should stay, or deserves more time, what exactly is your case at this point for Jones to keep his job? Do you think he can turn it around? If so, why? Do you trust him with this squad of players? Are you seeing enough from our matches to suggest we can turn things around? Given we are now3 points adrift in the drop zone, should he stay after today?

The only case you can make, is looking longterm, despite the woeful short term. There have to be signs of progress though -

As I said in pre-season, I'd be happy with 4th bottom and I think we have enough to achieve that ... If we hadn't weakened our defence over the summer.

If we go down, it doesn't have to mean DJ needs to go - We are a League 1 to Championship yoyo club afterall

We need to be showing progresss though - The club has progressed in many respects over the summer ... Up the pace & lower the age of our backline, with saleable assets like Batth and I think the club will have progressed this year.

I'm sure we could attract a defeat replacement. It's not the like the old days where we didn't have a pot to wee wee in.

I'm not convinced by Jones - think its 50/50 whether he can turn it around.

I'll just wait and back Milan whatever he decides.

Is "who can do better" a viable case to keep an underperforming manager, though?

Jones wasn't an obvious front runner for many on here when we sacked Megson.

when i saw the names mentioned when megson was sacked, i was gutted...

then when jones came along, i thought thank god...

i dread to think who is in there this time around...

I am split. I love dj for what he has done for us, but he has created his own demise in all honesty. At times I agree, give him time, his own team, etc, but then other times I sit here thinking.. 1 point from a possible 21, that just is not good enough.