Answer me this

Too many people calling for jones head already, I know theres been a million threads but I just want to ask a question.

If jones were to go, say tomorrow after a loss tonight (which i think would be far too 'knee jerk' and he needs time), who are you going to bring in (realistically). Stop with the redknapp poo pooe and give a reasonable option. The one problem with sacking an under performing manager is that you need someone to replace him. There his signings so would someone else really do a better job?

It's so easy to jump on the Jones Out bandwagon but I think you make a good point. I don't honestly think we could bring in anyone better on paper - I can't think of anyone that's available. Redknapp wouldn't come, that's for sure!

I wouldn't want McCarthy either.

Stick with Jones for now.

Edited by martyn8484

It's so easy to jump on the Jones Out bandwagon but I think you make a good point. I don't honestly think we could bring in anyone better on paper - I can't think of anyone that's available. Redknapp wouldn't come, that's for sure!

I wouldn't want McCarthy either.

Stick with Jones for now.

This season's squad are better than last season's on paper. McCarthy is probably what we need right now. Don't think Jones has the fear factor lol.

Really? Mcarthy? Really?

Not trying to fuel the fire, just trying to make some people see logic, although i know football usually inst logical.

Well, the oft uttered reason for not sacking DJ is his record as a manager in this division. McCarthy's is way better.

Guest Owls 84 aka Tubes

If Jones was to go (hope not) then I would like to see Nigel Worthington take the job after all he did take Norwich to the Premier League before taking the N. Ireland job.

Too many people calling for jones head already, I know theres been a million threads but I just want to ask a question.

If jones were to go, say tomorrow after a loss tonight (which i think would be far too 'knee jerk' and he needs time), who are you going to bring in (realistically). Stop with the redknapp poo pooe and give a reasonable option. The one problem with sacking an under performing manager is that you need someone to replace him. There his signings so would someone else really do a better job?

I'm not just picking on you, BUT with all of the other Jones threads FFS.......

If the internet allows throw like this to be casually put up for consideration, then we are all foo kin doomed........

McCarthy

Keegan

Redknapp

After the 18 game unbeaten run (I think???,,,,, this thread doesn't deserve for me to check my facts) Jones was going to be made The King of Sheffield.

Get some soddin work done you bunch of lazy work shy lobbers.

Edited by pARIS oWL

Milan wont be jumping the gun here, he's bought into Jones big time, the training ground development, the development squad, the whole team and club ethic is being changed, cant see him just tearing up those plans cos things have gone boobies up short term, im panicking alright, i never expected this after last season, i cant see where he's going, or what logic he's using to get there, but fans from the other clubs he's managed posting on here say he'll come good, and that he knows what he's doing, so ill bite my lip and hope they know something i dont.

So what would we be looking for in a replacement should DJ get the push? Somebody with plenty of management experience, preferably some in the Premiership? Someone who knows the club, maybe as a player, or as manager, or both? How about someone who has experience of playing for and managing us in the Prem? How about someone who is able to get the best out of cloggers, rather than pandering to Fancy Dans?

I have a feeling just the chap may be looking for a job before too long if his current club don't make the playoffs/automatics this season.

And yes, I am kidding.

The key question, when sacking a manager, is 'would you have sacked him even if you'd won?' IMO.

Irvine had to go regardless. Laws had clearly lost all momentum and (to use the cliche) lost the players/dressing room. I would have sacked them both after 5-0 victories because they clearly werent right for the club.

I'd be interested to hear the people from the 'Jones Out' campaign (not many I know) whether they'd sack him if we won tonight. What are his specific managerial weaknesses which means he cannot take our club forward?