Akos Buzsaky

is Treacy getting game time this season? Agree we seem to be a bit one dimensional on the wings so far this year

Nope. Think he's only started 1 game this season

Been saying all summer we need a different type of winger to what we've already got. We have two senior wingers and one 'Development' winger - and all three are pacy, direct and one dimensional - not that that's a bad thing. But we need more creativity out wide. Someone like Treacy, but a a bit better. Not sure on Buzacky, but he has already scored for us...

Guest plymouthowl

Haven't seen him play for a few years now, but watched him quite a few times when he was at Plymouth. Scored some absolute screamers for them and is still very highly regarded by their fans. Also plays for the Hungarian national team.

The thing about Treacy was, apart from his excellent delivery, he always used to tuck in when we didn't have the ball, giving us a more solid shape. There are some good midfielders in this league and with a lot of teams playing five across the middle, our 2 won't be able to make much impression.

The thing about Treacy was, apart from his excellent delivery, he always used to tuck in when we didn't have the ball, giving us a more solid shape. There are some good midfielders in this league and with a lot of teams playing five across the middle, our 2 won't be able to make much impression.

Your right - both Antonio and JJ don't really contributed to the midfield leaving sometimes three or four opposition onto the central midfield two. This then exposes the fragile back four. Tracey did seem to provide a better balance and of course quality delivery for the CFs. Neither Antonio or JJ provide consistantly good crosses - in fact i'm struggling to think of a goal coming directly from either one's crosses

As far as JJ and Antonio go, it has to be either or in this league. I'm not suggesting a JOC situation but we need a better balanced midfield. Their main assets are their frightening pace, so unleash one for an hour and as the fullback tires, send on the other one. I'm afraid this cavalier stuff will get us nowhere in the championship and I must say I'm surprised that DJ persists with it

Yep agreed. We've got two 'explosive' wingers but none in the mould that Keith Treacy gave us for a few games last season.

Could do with one that can provided an excellent cross or dead ball.

Ya never know we may be looking at this later in the loan system?

two explosive wingers ... with zero end product

Yes while we ( and DJ ) are looking mainly at our two and three goals conceded per game we are also not scoring either and considering our attacking options, they are either long balls down the middle ( which Bothroyd looks fed up of already ), flick ons which aren't working, or if we do get it out wide, JJ cuts inside looking for a shot, or Antonio turns and runs the fullback who's been told to give away throw ins / corners. Exquisite crosses are not one of Antonio's best qualities.

We're then left with set pieces which get us all excited but rarely result in anything especially if Llera/ Reda aren't playing. In any case food and drink to Championship defenders.

I'm just getting round to agreeing with others that we need somebody who can deliver that undefendable cross, preferably the early ball cos at the moment we've nobody in the squad who can do it. If you look at all the good teams they've got fullbacks who can do it and wingers who can do it.

I think that's why you only ever notice our strikers in midfield cos there's nothing to get on the end of. In the meantime we seem to be relying on new players getting fit and gelling to do the trick. Maybe this is in the wrong thread.

Yes while we ( and DJ ) are looking mainly at our two and three goals conceded per game we are also not scoring either and considering our attacking options, they are either long balls down the middle ( which Bothroyd looks fed up of already ), flick ons which aren't working, or if we do get it out wide, JJ cuts inside looking for a shot, or Antonio turns and runs the fullback who's been told to give away throw ins / corners. Exquisite crosses are not one of Antonio's best qualities.

We're then left with set pieces which get us all excited but rarely result in anything especially if Llera/ Reda aren't playing. In any case food and drink to Championship defenders.

I'm just getting round to agreeing with others that we need somebody who can deliver that undefendable cross, preferably the early ball cos at the moment we've nobody in the squad who can do it. If you look at all the good teams they've got fullbacks who can do it and wingers who can do it.

I think that's why you only ever notice our strikers in midfield cos there's nothing to get on the end of. In the meantime we seem to be relying on new players getting fit and gelling to do the trick. Maybe this is in the wrong thread.

Yes, when JJ and Antonio are foiled we suddenly look very one dimensional. Especially when Barkley and McCabe or Semedo are so deep. The forwards get the ball 40 yards from goal and can do nothing with it.

I think Pecnik is supposed to offer what Treacy did, but he hasnt looked up to it so far. If we could somehow get Treacy back, it would add another string to our bow.

I would be very happy with treacy back. It was only wycombe admittedly, but towards the end of his spell here he looked much better. the balls into the ball were of real quality and he was able to beat a man too. Unfortunately, i think dave jones went for pecnik as the direct replacement.

Beat me to it!