Kirkland Or Bywater

Guest gotcha_Owls

Kirkland - quality shotstopper - couldn't do anything about tonights goals

BUT

Bywater - is he a better organiser of the back 4 ? If so - could we help the defensive situation by playing him ?

That's the problem- combined they would be an awesome keeper.

I don't think there's an immediate concern with Kirkland- but it might be worth giving Bywater a shot.

First goal was JJ's fault for tripping the player, Kirkland saved the penalty, but no Wednesday player got near the second ball.

Second goal, excellent cross, free header, no centre half to be seen, nothing Kirkland could do.

By the time of the third goal, I had passed caring, and to be hoest I can't even remember it, but Bywater wouldn't have done any better.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Kirkland might be the better shot stopper, but it means little if his organisation of the defence means the other team get more shots in.

We've conceded 14 goals so far - the joint worst in the division along side Peterborough. They have 0 points btw.

Is Kirkland keeping us in games, or are our other ten players covering for Kirkland?

I only think its fair we make this decision after Bywater gets a fair crack.

End of day, he's played premiership oppopsition with Danny Jones at flipping LB and still kept a clean sheet.

Kirkland - His fault or not - is conceding 2/3 goals a game. What have we got to lose?

What have we got to lose? Games by a much bigger margin. Kirkland is the best keepr (of ours, not on loan) in at least the past ten years.

Guest Sheff Owl

We have conceded 2 goals in every game bar the Fulham one...

The only 2 constants are Kirkland and Beevers.

Dave Jones has changed everyone else.

Maybe it's time to give these 2 a game or 2 out?

Cannot believe what I am reading. Please point out one goal that has been Kirklands fault?

Bywater kept a clean sheet against a team that barely had a shot. I don't remember him making a save, because fulham were gash that game they played us. Kirkland has gained us points with some of the saves he has made this season. First half against derby he kept us in it. As well as some great saves against millwall. We'd have got even more embarrassed at Brighton also.

It's funny, since a lot were saying Bywater wasn't good enough last season n he was gettin stick for not diving to attempt to save.

Why does everyone need an individual to use as a scapegoat. Other week it was Buxton, but since he hasn't played we've conceded 6 goals, are people just working their way through the team weekly for a different person to blame?!!

We arnt defending as a unit n it seems far too easy for the opposition at the moment. Don't think we should be playing a left back at right back, don't think Taylor should be getting anywhere near starting before Llera. I'd love to see Danny Batth partnering Llera again but it's not goin to happen.

Some of you need to get a grip. It's actually laughable that some people are tying to blame Kirkland

Theres been too much chopping and changing as it is, so I know, let's go and change the goalkeeper as well that's done frig all wrong but everyone needs an individual to blame

Get a grip

Edited by Linzi