Kirkland Or Bywater

Guest gotcha_Owls

Guest intercity0wl

Still Kirkland for me! He's been a quality shot stopper this season. It's the defence that's letting him down. And Yeah I do agree that Bywater commands his defence brilliantly but I saw Kirkland doing more of that tonight than he has so far this season. I am a big fan of Bywater, but I haven't seen anything yet that tells me Kirkland isn't the man for the job at present.

Sum ups my feelings on this issue as well.

Guest v1images

Why is everyone thinking Bywater is the answer all of a sudden, clutching and straws if you ask me, remember he saved a pen tonight and made a decent save.

Without giving him a chance how will we know? He has our only clean sheet of the season and that was against Premiership opposition although I will concede as a cup match it doesn't quite have the sharp edge of a league match.

Guest crossy-the-owl

why are we blaming the goal keeper rumble me its the back four, not even buffon with cechs helmet on would play good behind our current back four

^^^^^ This!

Guest theowls 93

Kirkland is a top keeper. I feel sorry for him really, he is making top saves every week but the defence are letting him down all the time. He saved a penalty last night and could do nothing about the Novak header

Baffling.

Put it this way, if there was anything wrong with Kirkland's organisation, he wouldn't have played at the very highest level, and been one of the country's best keepers if injuries hadn't got in the way. His shot stopping is levels above Bywater, and I have yet to see anything in Kirkland's game that worries me even in the slightest.

The problem lies in an unsettled and unbalanced defence, with too much emphasis on attack and players playing out of position. But **** it, swap the keeper. Really do think after a defeat Owlstalk should be taken down for a few days.

Guest Bald Owl

Dont get all this anti-kirkland. those first few games we got points from he kept us in them. he's quality just got poo poo infront of him.

Answer; Kirkland

Some sense on here at last, how many of our goals has been his fault this season?

I didn't go to Brighton so that aside

Answer pop pickers: none

The defence weren't even on their toes enough to help him out with his penalty save last night

Think some people's memory of Bywater is thro seriously rose tainted specs - he was playing in a settled team high on confidence against league 1 opposition - It s very different now - I don't remember him actually making that many saves last season- Seriously would he have made any difference last night ?

Would he have organised our defence ?

Its not all about diving with your arms outstretched you know...

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bald Owl

It's not just being stood in the security of your six yard box flapping and coming no further shouting at people either!

On this matter, if a manager ever needed an excuse for a change of goalie, a losing streak seems the perfect opportunity, although it's quite clear the problem is the back 5 as a unit, it isn't working. It's almost as though they don't know each other.

They don't know each other. Sounds like Gardner might start on Saturday - that will make him Taylor's third CB partner in three games. That is not bedding in.

Not sure he would have made much difference to the defence - Maybe on the second goal but otherwise not - I take your general point about organising but I think its more the step up in quality than to do with the keeper..

Kirkland is much better than Bywater.

The problem lays with the defense - not Kirkland.

Ask yourself this, how many goals have been direct fault of Kirkland?

If people honestly believe Bywater will make a blind bit of difference then they must be sniffing glue.

Ridiculous.