Kirkland Or Bywater

Guest gotcha_Owls

Cannot believe what I am reading. Please point out one goal that has been Kirklands fault?

Bywater kept a clean sheet against a team that barely had a shot. I don't remember him making a save, because fulham were gash that game they played us. Kirkland has gained us points with some of the saves he has made this season. First half against derby he kept us in it. As well as some great saves against millwall. We'd have got even more embarrassed at Brighton also.

It's funny, since a lot were saying Bywater wasn't good enough last season n he was gettin stick for not diving to attempt to save.

Why does everyone need an individual to use as a scapegoat. Other week it was Buxton, but since he hasn't played we've conceded 6 goals, are people just working their way through the team weekly for a different person to blame?!!

We arnt defending as a unit n it seems far too easy for the opposition at the moment. Don't think we should be playing a left back at right back, don't think Taylor should be getting anywhere near starting before Llera. I'd love to see Danny Batth partnering Llera again but it's not goin to happen.

Some of you need to get a grip. It's actually laughable that some people are tying to blame Kirkland

Theres been too much chopping and changing as it is, so I know, let's go and change the goalkeeper as well that's done frig all wrong but everyone needs an individual to blame

Get a grip

You go girl

Shabba

One week it's Buxton, the next it's Kirkland. Baffling!!

We arnt defending as a unit. It's got frig all to do with Kirklands organisation of his defence. Yes he needs to have good communication with them but how you can blame any of them goals on him is beyond me. There's only so much he can do from his area!!

We have some rare fans

We need a stabilised team. Making numerous changes every week is not goin to help. Especially when the player in question has done nothing wrong.

I say give Bywater a shot.

Don't see what harm it's going to do, being as we're conceding 3 every game anyway.

Bywater organises very well. He's not been given the opportunity in the championship, but against a strong premiership side, he barely conceded a shot let alone a goal... That has to reflect on him in some way.

right, so the defenders have to rely on a goalkeeper to organise their back four? heard it all. let's pick a goalkeeper on the necessity to "organise" the four in front who, it seems in this thread, needs guidance on their positioning despite being professional defenders. I guess we see that a lot in other teams, lets drop a keeper despite being better at what they're employed to do, only to bring in another who sorts out a defence that that back four are employed to do.

ridiculous suggestion. kirkland no doubt, and I would be more than shocked if he was dropped- no chance

in no way was kirkland at fault for any goal either. the defence were at absolute fault, there is no way the keeper is liable for the goals we've seen. it's beyond me how one can question him. if anything, he is the last player we should be pointing a finger at

in no way was kirkland at fault for any goal either. the defence were at absolute fault, there is no way the keeper is liable for the goals we've seen. it's beyond me how one can question him. if anything, he is the last player we should be pointing a finger at

Nobody is/has

Theres merely a suggestion that Bywater may organise the defence better so we concede less than the current three goals a game

Owlstalk Shop

to be honest, it seems that there is a whole new wednesday side that has emerged in these last few weeks. changing yet another face is only going to add to an already changing team that has, in my opinion, been the catalyst for these 3 losses on the bounce

Still Kirkland for me! He's been a quality shot stopper this season. It's the defence that's letting him down. And Yeah I do agree that Bywater commands his defence brilliantly but I saw Kirkland doing more of that tonight than he has so far this season. I am a big fan of Bywater, but I haven't seen anything yet that tells me Kirkland isn't the man for the job at present.

Nobody is/has

Theres merely a suggestion that Bywater may organise the defence better so we concede less than the current three goals a game

I guess the point is- shot stopper v. organiser. for me, the defence, especially with the captain in the middle of it, should be able to assemble themselves well enough as professionals. but with new faces entering the fore each week that passes, it's never that easy. an unsettled back four is rarely consistent

I guess the point is- shot stopper v. organiser. for me, the defence, especially with the captain in the middle of it, should be able to assemble themselves well enough as professionals. but with new faces entering the fore each week that passes, it's never that easy. an unsettled back four is rarely consistent

Agreed

Owlstalk Shop

IT's a very difficult comparison to make - but Bywater's only game this season ended in a clean sheet, against a premiership side who played a decent line up (one would argue was championship quality). He barely had to make a save.

I don't see the harm in giving Bywater a game or two. We're conceding 2-3 goals a game as it is - so can it really be any worse than that, just for a couple of games?

Yes, defenders should be able to organise themselves - but the GK has the best view of them all... so if they happen to be a good organiser, what is wrong with utilising that skill?

Edited by townend_owl

If we play Bywater on Saturday one thing we can be sure of is he will work his rounduns off. Worst that happens is we send a message to the squad that players will be given a chance.

I find the loyalty some are showing to Kirkland admirable but misguided. For whatever reason we can't stop shipping goals and stoppIng goals is the keepers primary job. Simply put he is failing. All I want is for Bywater to have a chance.