Change of Approach

...but with Big Jack, Wilkinson and BFR we succeeded. So it can't just be about a 'rock solid defence' .

Each game will be different. It's about how we play and how we make the other team worry about us. If you start thinking about a rock solid defence and stopping the other team, away from home, you get stuck in the paranoia of fear.

NO!

it's nothing about the paranoia of fear...

it's about being able to attack, whilst having the confidence of knowing you're solid at the back...

it's about not needing to score 6 at reading for a draw...

or 5 at stevenage and exeter...

wide open, is called wide open for a reason...

It's just frustrating how much home advantage comes into play, its one of those things I guess 'win your home games and pick up what you can away from home' and we still havent won in that bloody yellow kit! Whats that now? Must be like 15 games in yellow away from home we havent won for in this league.

what will be more worrying is if we start losing games at home on a regular basis, but iam confident that this will not be the case and our home form will see us through.

megson isn't here because he'd jumped ship on milan at leicester, another dave richards/big ron situation

I sincerely hope you really dont beleive that

Where did you come up with that ?

Did a friend tell you down the pub?

Or did you maybe make it up yourself??

Id really like to know - seriously

Owlstalk Shop

Your not allowed to have a opinion on our style of play on here. Neil Adolf owlstalk will shout you down

Just for the terminally stupid who appear to frequent this site - here's the definitive guide to how these places work

You post your opinion

I post my opinion

We discuss each others opinion

If you can't cope with everyone not falling over themselves to agree with every word you say then you're on the wrong site

it's a site about opinions - you're allowed yours - I"m allowed mine

It's not my fault I argue using facts and stats and common sense and leave you lot high and dry stuck on your little islands of stupidity

Owlstalk Shop

Just for the terminally stupid who appear to frequent this site - here's the definitive guide to how these places work

You post your opinion

I post my opinion

We discuss each others opinion

If you can't cope with everyone not falling over themselves to agree with every word you say then you're on the wrong site

it's a site about opinions - you're allowed yours - I"m allowed mine

It's not my fault I argue using facts and stats and common sense and leave you lot high and dry stuck on your little islands of stupidity

Silly me. Boy is my face red

Silly me. Boy is my face red

It's ok

You're not the only person to come on here and think that when you post something that I should spaff myself all over it and tell you how right you are

You are free to have opinions and post them on Owlstalk - that's what this site is here for

Just don't be surprised if you're asked to back your opinions up with evidence, facts, stats or background to show why you believe what you believe

:-)

Owlstalk Shop

I'd keep it as is at home and go 4-2-3-1 away.

The latter formation would provide more midfield defensive cover alongside semedo and relieve our wingers of a little less defensive responsibility. It's also pretty flexible.

And yes I know this is real life not football manager

We never looked better than we did in the 2nd half at Oldham with Coke & Semedo holding and Picnic playing off O'Grady.

It's ok

You're not the only person to come on here and think that when you post something that I should spaff myself all over it and tell you how right you are

You are free to have opinions and post them on Owlstalk - that's what this site is here for

Just don't be surprised if you're asked to back your opinions up with evidence, facts, stats or background to show why you believe what you believe

:-)

Ok Neil.

I'm off now anyway x factors on

Much love peace out x

here, here...

summed up in a nutshell...

Think the manner in which we have played and lost rather than the results is the most worrying. In the past two games we have lacked the ability to put any sort of forward move together and as such have once again started to invite other teams onto us. This combined with the fact that we have a centre half playing, the entire defence that has been thrown together and our holding midfielder well off his usual form, hardly suprising we have lost the last two games. Bit disappointing that they international break wasn't enough time for the new inclusions to gel.

After five games only two teams are unbeaten and 16 clubs out of 23 have lost two or more games away from home, and we're the new boys in this league. If we'd won at Brighton I believe we'd have gone top? so the wheels haven't quite fallen off HMS wee wee The League just yet, to mix metaphors. A number of more fancied/ wealthy clubs are apparently also finding things difficult away from home. Only 6 clubs have lost 1 home game so far ( except P'boro).

Obviously the picture will be clearer after Saturday by which time at least four points should steady the ship, but away games are gonna be tough as they always have been and will be for most of the others. I'm also sure there will be some nice surprises along the way.

Having said all this we've got to tighten up away cos the teams that can are gonna be in the shake up.

After five games only two teams are unbeaten and 16 clubs out of 23 have lost two or more games away from home, and we're the new boys in this league. If we'd won at Brighton I believe we'd have gone top? so the wheels haven't quite fallen off HMS wee wee The League just yet, to mix metaphors. A number of more fancied/ wealthy clubs are apparently also finding things difficult away from home. Only 6 clubs have lost 1 home game so far ( except P'boro).

Obviously the picture will be clearer after Saturday by which time at least four points should steady the ship, but away games are gonna be tough as they always have been and will be for most of the others. I'm also sure there will be some nice surprises along the way.

Having said all this we've got to tighten up away cos the teams that can are gonna be in the shake up.

Think the way we have played and not the results has been the worrying thing. 4 points from the next 2 games would be a very good return. I really hope we go out and either give it a real go and get back to flowing football or manage to close the Udds out in the next game - either would be a step forward.