First Wednesday Match Memory ?

Guest Retfordowl74

Spurs at home, snow on the pitch, Sunday game on the telly. Possibly 88 not sure though. First away game was ipshit in 1990, promotion season, still one of my favourite away days can remember panicking we weren't going to get in as queues were MASSIVE then when we scored I thought I was going to get crushed, but loved it!!!

1-1 vs Southampton on 2nd January 1995. Sat in the Kop right behind the goal! Graham Hyde scored for us...Le Tiss for them!

I remember being devastated because Chris Waddle got subbed!

Second game was the 7-1 mauling by Nottingham Forest

That Southampton game was actually the last home league game I missed, because I was chucking my guts up and wasn't in Sheffield - I was supposed to be driving back for the game that morning but I just couldn't. I've gone nearly 18 years now without missing a home match lol

1-1 vs Southampton on 2nd January 1995. Sat in the Kop right behind the goal! Graham Hyde scored for us...Le Tiss for them!

That Southampton game was actually the last home league game I missed, because I was chucking my guts up and wasn't in Sheffield

The first ever game I took my son to.

We went in the South Stand.

Guest marco_ward2000

First match was a 5-0 home win in FA cup against Leyton Orient probably Jan 1985?

Remember one of the Orient players launching the ball over the south stand roof.

This was my first game as well, went with my best mate and sat in the south stand. What an introduction, 5-0 drumming!! An owl ever since!

First Wednesday match I ever went to.....v Santos in October 1962. Have absolutely no memory of it, unfortunately.

First Wednesday game I can remember.....v Leyton Orient later that season. Pretty sure I must have gone to a few more in between but dunno!

First away game.....v Leicester City, Boxing Day 1964. My uncle was staying with us for Christmas and a mate of his turned up with his brand new car and wanted to take it for a spin. How about a trip to Leicester? So we went but didn't get there till about 10 past 3 by which time we were a goal up, a Dobson penalty I think. Finished 2-2.

I was on about taking my young lad (18 months old) to a few games this season, but reading a few of the things on here i might leave it until he's old enough to appreciate it and be able to remember it. Losing your 'first football match virginity' is quite special i reckon.

Guest RicketyOwl

Novemberish in 95 i think, White Hart Lane against stinky old Totteningham. We got licked i think, 3 - 1 but took a photo at half time showing us 1 - 0 up. The stand out memory for me was when Andy Sinton skipped past 3 blokes, jinked into the box with just the keeper to beat ..... and he tripped over an invisible man! A bloke behind me bellows - "flip off Sinton you're crap"

Someone may be able to help me out here but my first game was southend at home and I think we won 2-0. I was sat in the old south stand upper and got carried over the turnstile. I got carried over the turnstile and seem to recollect baby give it up by KC and the sunshine band playing at half time. I'm 40 next month and think I was around 10 at the time?

My actual first memory is of the arches on Herries Road. Absolutely magnificent!

Then getting inside the stadium (in the kop) and being in complete awe at Hillsborough.

The game was a 1-1 draw with Man City in September 1994, with Gordon Watson equalising for us in the last 10 minutes