Fulham to make changes, so should we go for it ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Looking forward to this one as i always do these sort of games, have not got the pressure of League games, so a defeat is not as dissapointing, although still want to win every game.

I fully expect us also to make changes as well, but when a Premier side openly tell you they are going to do the same, does it just make ya think that Playing a strong side ma see us Prgress in this competition, and maybe end up earning a bit of dosh from a plumb tie in the next round.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_set_to_ring_the_changes_for_sheffield_wednesday_trip_1_1494969

Giving Mattock a run out at left back wouldn't hurt.

Bywater in for Kirkland would be fine.

Madine could do with the game time.

Perhaps take a look at the winger we signed from Preston although with JJ in such fine form I would think twice about resting him.

I'm sure we will continue the way we have started the season and go for the win. We won't be left wondering with this Wednesday team.

Edited by Danish

Wouldn't have a problem playing Mattock or any of the squad players come to that, as long as it was only a couple of changes. Wholesale changes are unnecessary and will destroy any continuity. Used to hate it when Megson did that.

I'd just go for it. Although confidence is high just now a win over a premeirship team would boost it even more and confidence is key in a league like the championshp. Normally I'd say we have nothing to lose, but the winning run has to come to an end sooner or later and the response in the next game might be key to the whole season. Actually, losing to a premiership team on penalties in a game that doesnt really matter might not be a bad thing really. Confidence stays high and the pressure is off a bit.

I think we should go for it. We can make a couple of changes without reducing our chances too much.

Without looking at their probable team to see where they are weakest/strongest, I would rest Reda and Rodri. Maybe Kirkland too.

Reda, Rodri and JJ (he is 33) for Mattock (if fit) Maguire and Jones

With the start we've made and the strength in depth we now have I'd consider making a few changes and resting players for Saturday, however we all remember Blackpool at home when we tried the same, we were run riot and it knocked our confidence, losing 3 more on the bounce. We have a winning habit at the moment.

Tough one.

Guest Markowl1

I'd play Peknic for jj mattock for reda McGuire and Madine up front we now have good cover for either position so I recon dj will make prob 5 changes or more because the league is our priority deffo rest jj and Antonio (Antonio has been carrying an injury)

It's been a busy start to the season with lots of games. We have a big squad now so I don't see why we can't go for it without making a few changes.

I'd go with:

Bywater

Mattock

Gardener

Beevers

Lee

Mayor

Amado

Semedo

Pecnik

Madine

Maguire

That's still a decent side and gives a few of those who've featured heavily so far a rest ahead of a very important game at Crystal Palace next Saturday.