Standing on the kop / atmosphere

Stand for me every time. Nothing more annoying than being told to sit down by some miserable tvvat behind you when the row in front are stood up for a corner or an attack. I wouldn't mind if it was an older supporter or someone who finds it difficult to stand but each time it's happened to me it's hasn't been.

I'm sorry, but if the row in front is stood up, then I WOULD NOT sit down.

Ideally the top half of the Kop would be safe standing areas and the bottom seated (with poles removed). That would then please everyone.

But as we all know that will never happen.

personally i would do it the other way around, have the top half seated and standing at the bottom half.

but i agree i can't see it ever being allowed at hillsborough again.

Why stand when you can sit

It's just better in every way, do you see opera singers sitwhen they sing, rock stars play music sat down , the audience at the last night of the proms sat down people are more vocal and will create more atmosphere stood up fact

Safe standing required with them weird standing seats that they have in Germany. That way everyone has an allocated space so no overcrowding and gets to enjoy the atmosphere. Simples.

Safe standing required with them weird standing seats that they have in Germany. That way everyone has an allocated space so no overcrowding and gets to enjoy the atmosphere. Simples.

this, this and this again

if the germans can nail it, it's time for us to have a serious re-think

this, this and this again

if the germans can nail it, it's time for us to have a serious re-think

Absolutely agree with both of you. That said, the chances of our lot realising a good idea and cracking on to what the Germans are doing anytime soon is minimal.

And following on from that, the chances of Hillsborough being one of the first grounds to take anything like this on board is even less likely (understandably so, some might say).

My ST seat has a pretty good view,,but I prefer to stand,,so I go in the Triangle,,(were I got feckin soaked to the skin tuther neet) only use the ST seat if it's a sell out, and I have to,,If everyone in my ST seat area stood up,I would use it,

Can't understand the continuous comments which infer that only older people (often called miserable tvvats) want to sit, or the condescending comments saying "it's ok for older people" etc.

It's only in recent times that sitting has been an option for many as it used to be relatively much more expensive to sit than stand. For many years people of all ages stood quite happily for the duration, just look at some of the old photos when three sides of Hillsborough was standing only. My grandfather always stood and he never had a problem with it.

I am convinced that people wrongly equate standing with atmosphere, I am sure that in a seated area it is the lower density of people that make the generation of atmosphere a little more difficult than when we are crushed together in a standing enclosure.

Lets not forget that the next generation of fans need to have a seat to stand any chance of seeimg anything, we see an increasing number of young children at games, and it's great to see, but would you take a five or six year old (or even younger sometimes) into a standing enclosure? Or is it fair that you stand unnecessarily infront of a little 'un, that is simply downright bloody selfish!

If I've got a seat I'll use it and actually find that the up and down nature is part of the excitement. Given the choice of a standing enclosure though, I would take that every time.