Standing on the kop / atmosphere

Just watched the Liverpool vs Man City game - and yet again, you see a home game with a cracking atmosphere. Everyone on the kop is stood.

There's a been a lot of talk on here of late about the atmosphere and I can see where some are coming from as there is a VERY different atmosphere at the back of the kop to the front of the kop.

Away games: we stand. The atmosphere? Fantastic! Granted, away games tend to be much more alcohol-fuelled for us all.

I sit down at the front of the kop which I would say is OK for atmosphere, on the whole (although it's been really good for the first two home games). But everyone is glued to their seat and it's a constant 'up and down' battle when we're on the attack etc - really annoying!

However, I can see where those who want to sit come from as well in terms of vision etc, but this doesn't seem to get moaned about for away matches?

It's all very well those who want to say 'well sit at the back of the kop' if you want atmosphere, but I think we're all trying to raise the atmosphere for the club as a whole, as we really have shown in the past that we're an important 12th man.

Have noticed those who stand at the end of the North growing in numbers over the last year or so.

So: sit or stand?

Stand every time for me.

im fine with standing , but find its a sort of knock on effect,

when the front rows sit down it slowly works it way back up through the kop, im half way up but im always concious of blocking someones view behind me if i remain stood,

Stand for me every time. Nothing more annoying than being told to sit down by some miserable tvvat behind you when the row in front are stood up for a corner or an attack. I wouldn't mind if it was an older supporter or someone who finds it difficult to stand but each time it's happened to me it's hasn't been.

Stand for me every time. Nothing more annoying than being told to sit down by some miserable tvvat behind you when the row in front are stood up for a corner or an attack. I wouldn't mind if it was an older supporter or someone who finds it difficult to stand but each time it's happened to me it's hasn't been.

Can't agree. Everyone stands when we attack the Kop end or, when JJ gets the ball.

Everyone. Would be unnatural to do otherwise.

Never been told to sit down once or heard anyone say it.

Ever.

I'd love the whole Kop to be standing but it's not really feasible when you have an older generation of fans who would find this hard for 90 minutes. The only way to really get round this would be to offer tickets for a section of the North/South at the same price so people wouldn't moan about the cost and then let people know that standing on the Kop is allowed so that supporters couldn't really complain if someone in front of them was standing.

I stand at the back of the Kop and the atmosphere is pretty good, it's been fantastic for the first 2 games.

Can't agree. Everyone stands when we attack the Kop end or, when JJ gets the ball.

Everyone. Would be unnatural to do otherwise.

Never been told to sit down once or heard anyone say it.

Ever.

Can't see much to disagree with. If you are saying you'd rather sit down then fair enough, but it seems you are suggesting that I am making it up? Last time it happened it was against the pigs of all games. Admittedly it hadn't happened before this for a long time, but I can assure you it happens.

Standing away. Sitting and standing at home. I actually like sitting on the kop and then standing up when we are attacking, sort of adds to the atmosphere for me. But that's just me.

The atmosphere in Hillsboro has been discussed a few times since yesterday. The home atmosphere is always going to be different to when we are away. At away games you have got a 'relatively' small but totally committed following, at home it is a much more 'mixed' crowd, ranging from the fanatical to the occasional supporter. You can't keep the atmosphere going for the full 90 minutes at home in the same way as you can away.

Awesome support in my view home or away. Sat or stood!!

Guest wayne foster

I am in both camps. Being disabled I cant stand or sit for very long hence my seat on the top row of the bottom half of Kop. I lean on the back of my seat and obviously stand when necessary when we attack.

Edited by wayne foster

Can't see much to disagree with. If you are saying you'd rather sit down then fair enough, but it seems you are suggesting that I am making it up? Last time it happened it was against the pigs of all games. Admittedly it hadn't happened before this for a long time, but I can assure you it happens.

When we attack the Kop end?

Everyone stands - always. And, at corners.

I do too.

It's always happened. Always will too.

Guest Big Hoot

I can remember when the kop was ALL standing.

I don't remember people moaning about having to stand though.....

I blame the internet..... if we had a forum back then I am sure someone would suggest putting seats in!

;-)