leppings lane tram stop

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Bit over the top methinks. Police filming supporters, barriers in place, couple of dozen people shouting for people to have tickets and passes ready.

Nothing new.

Welcome back to the Championship.

Last season was the best when we played Chesterfield.

They had a barrier at the edge of the tram stop and a row of police set back from it.

It served no purpose apart from holding up those of us who wanted to walk to the bus station.

Guest BigDave

I was talking to a friend the other night about when police film supporters, I totally agree with it and fully see why they do it, I just don't get the 12 or so other coppers who stand around the 1 holding the camera.

You do know complicated the on/off button is on those things don't you

I don't mind them putting barriers up to get people buying tickets.

It's the police with multiple cameras filming you, and the conductors shouting at you like you're poo poo on the bottom of their shoe

"GET YOUR TICKET HERE, YOU HAVE TO PAY IF YOU WANT TO TRAVEL ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT THIS SEASON"

Edited by KivoOwl

Who is footing the bill for the police at the tram stop?

Its not in the clubs interests that fans pay fares on the tram network. If the club are paying for policing like this its wrong, if Stagecoach Supertram want to protect revenues then they should be footing the bill for police or improve the stop to make fans pay before they board.

It's the police with multiple cameras filming you, and the conductors shouting at you like you're poo poo on the bottom of their shoe

"GET YOUR TICKET HERE, YOU HAVE TO PAY IF YOU WANT TO TRAVEL ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT THIS SEASON"

Though I don't agree with the tone they might have used, I don't blame them doing something about fans buying tickets. The few times I've been on the tram to the ground, so many people refused to pay and I've even seen a female conductor in tears after being told to flip off.

Always gets on my goat where football fans are treated with such disdain on public transport.

A few seasons ago I went to Nottingham Forest on the train, travelling from Leeds and going through Sheffield.

Obviously the train packed up with Wednesday fans at Sheffield, not too packed as it was still fairly early (11ish), though this still prompted the conductor to come over the tannoy and apologise about the crowded conditions due to the "usual football lot".

Now for 1, That 'lot' are paying customers!

and 2, What is 'usual' about thousands of fans travelling en mass from Sheffield to Nottingham, it happens once or twice a season depending if one of the Sheffield clubs are playing there.

I use the tram every week to get to home matches and the system that was in place last night was way better than the free-for-all death trap that was in place last season. People that are complaining about the new system are probably the ones who try and sneak on for free every week to save themselves a couple of quid...

The tram is so full, no one can check tickets once you are on the tram, and thus if you're smart enough to not buy a ticket you travel for free.

So I've heard.

This was how it was until yesterday but from yesterday they have a new system in place. Didn't see it as I drove yesterday but I've had many a free trip home after games in the past. Happy to pay from now on though

I got the tram from west street to Hillsborough after work last night. I've seen the tram a lot busier in the past and the conductor was taking fares until he got to the steps at the end of our carriage where he just turned round and walked away as if he couldn't be arsed. About 15 people behind me didn't pay or have their tickets checked, maybe more.