M62 nightmare

Swerved the end of match love in as I needed to be up early.

Bloody M62 roadworks took us on a detour round Leeds sheep shag country and was 11.30 when I got off to my kip.

Best sort it out before those winter away trips or the MASSIVE aren't going to be happy.

Better than the Olympics that last night eh ?

Where did you go? J26-27 was closed (think that was just a through the night thing) but took me on the M621.

Added about 2 mins onto the journey as the 621 takes you to the M1 anyway. How did you end up going through Leeds??

The main roadworks are a pain but dont cause too much hassle

I left after final whistle and was in Ecclesfield for 10:45

Guest intercity0wl

Having experienced the M62 hell a few times over the last few weeks i was a bit miffed when our driver decided to go via the M1 (jnc 36) & M62, no need it was a good a journey both ways as i had on it it in years.

Where did you go? J26-27 was closed (think that was just a through the night thing) but took me on the M621.

Added about 2 mins onto the journey as the 621 takes you to the M1 anyway. How did you end up going through Leeds??

The main roadworks are a pain but dont cause too much hassle

I left after final whistle and was in Ecclesfield for 10:45

This is because he will have followed the diversion like I did! It took us miles out, probably because it was a diversion to join the other end of the M62, not primarily for the M1, booo!

this would have been the thing to do but you wanted to go the other direction, A650 signposted to Wakefield. this takes you to junc 41 of the M1

Or come off next to the M606 turn off, follow the signs to Birkenshaw (past Premier Inn), then head towards Batley following the M1 signs and come out at junction 40 of the M1.

Swerved the end of match love in as I needed to be up early.

Bloody M62 roadworks took us on a detour round Leeds sheep shag country and was 11.30 when I got off to my kip.

Best sort it out before those winter away trips or the MASSIVE aren't going to be happy.

Better than the Olympics that last night eh ?

Count yourself lucky you don't live in Stevenage and get in at 0300 before your alarm went off at 0600.

Guest James-The-Owl

Come off the M1 at J38, let the sat nav take you to get on the M62 at Brighouse, you miss all the 50mph poo pooe and it knocks about 14 miles off your journey, and it's MILES quicker. That's the way I went last night, came back over Woodhead and got stuck behind a flipping lorry.