the "other team"

Guest Distraught!

Hereford United - I used to work in the city and made many good friends who support them. The nearest I have ever experienced to a true family club with the players drinking with the supporters after the game, being able to hold a conversation with the manager and the old chairman (Archie Phillips RIP) having time for anybody that had time for him. A great little club and still part of my heart.

Mansfield Town - Local club I grew up near. I remember them winning the Freight Rover Trophy at Wembley. A great occasion for them. Also nurtured many half decent players over the years.

Go Ahead Eagles - No other reason but their groovy name!

is this you timothy?

:tango: bless yer cotton socks my good man, can't beat a good old reference to the historical Tim Malloy gangs to define a Glasgow Irish Catholic.

trouble is i'm not Irish & i'm not Catholic.

i'm English & Protestant - and live in Northern Ireland.

i was bought a 'Lions Of Lisbon' Subbuteo set aged 7 and liked the shirts. that's it.

and picked up a dual Wednesday/Celtic scarf at Hillsborough back in the early 90s.

now if you want a sensible discussion i'm more than willing.

if not, i can trot out the tired old Castle Greyskull/ Johnny Adair/ HER MAJESTIES Customs & Excise stuff if you prefer :rolleyes:

bottom line: Up The Owls

AFC Wimbledon for me. Don't quite understand how people can say Man Ure, I despise Alex 'We'll play until we score' Ferguson. They're also the jammiest team on the planet.

There is no jam involved in a decade of dominance, love him or hate him, you can't knock Sir Fergie's record. It's second to none. NONE.

(ps; I hold no great love for Man Utd)

Used to look out for Gretna as I was married there.

And always look at the Partick result as my son is called Patrick and they're similar looking words!

Other than that - Wednesday, Wednesday reserves (Now "Development") Wendesday academy, Wednesday boys, Young Owls - Hell, even SWLFC.

Oxford United - Just have a thing for them :rolleyes:

Forest Green Rovers - First team i ever managed on a football manager game :wub:

Tottenham - Like the way they play, my online fifa team when im not wednesday

Real Madrid - just like them better than barca and all the other European teams

Galatasary and Fenebache, since i went to turkey when i was 9, had both tops, got carried round the streets, and thrown in the sea, so mixture of love and hate whilst over there :laugh:

I follow many other teams, mostly in other countries because in England there's only two clubs I care about, Wednesday and my local non-league side Basingstoke Town. But the others I follow are:

• Celta Vigo (Spanish team - was randomly bought a Vigo shirt in a JJB sale as a kid)
  • Juventus (Italian team - Del Piero. Nuff said. They've also had many of my favourite players play for them at some point. e.g. Zlatan, Nedved, Davids, Zidane etc.)
  • Fiorentina (One of my childhood footballing heros was Rui Costa... and I also loved Batistuta)
  • Ajax (Dutch team - mainly because of their history)
  • SC Braga (Portugese team - Last year played a game against my mate on Fifa after randomizing teams and they had Hugo Viana and Nuno Gomes so I started following them)
  • Marseille (French team - because of Waddle)
  • Zulte Waregem (Belgian team - during a career game on Football Manager I took over Zulte and did well with them since then I've looked out for their results)
  • Boca Juniors (Argentinian team - Riquelme, Palermo etc. hate River Plate)
  • Santos (Brazilian team - Pele, Neymar, Ganso etc.)
  • Seattle Sounders (American team - Wanted to follow an MLS team because it's growing in stature, but didn't want to just follow New York or the Galaxy and after seeing the videos of their fans on another thread here I have become a fan of them)
  • Aberdeen (Scottish team - No reason for this one other than I didn't want to support Celtic or Rangers)

Guest Teetowl

There is no jam involved in a decade of dominance, love him or hate him, you can't knock Sir Fergie's record. It's second to none. NONE.

(ps; I hold no great love for Man Utd)

Used to look out for Gretna as I was married there.

And always look at the Partick result as my son is called Patrick and they're similar looking words!

Other than that - Wednesday, Wednesday reserves (Now "Development") Wendesday academy, Wednesday boys, Young Owls - Hell, even SWLFC.

I was married in Gretna. The day they went bust 4 years ago. They had fans with collection buckets everywhere. Really felt for them that day, saying that I flipping felt for me that day too!

I don't follow any other teams, but I've always like Arsenal, because of they way they played with Henry and Pires etc. and when I first started following Wednesday a lot of classmates at primary school were Man U fans which I hated and Arsenal were their big rivals for the title at the time so I've always preferred them to other big premiership sides.

Chesterfield because I grew up between sheffiled and chesterfield.it always feels wrong when we the massive play such a small market town club particularly when in the same division

Man utd because of George Best

Barcelona because I have a lot of mates in Spain who support them

Really Wednesday followed by Wednesday.

I have affections for various clubs in the big cities and realised that apart from one, they were all those who wore blue and white.

So Birmingham City a bit lukewarm on this.

Man City no brainer really. I hate Man U..see below

Rangers even before I knew about the religious trouble and the Irish flag over Parkhead

Liverpool just because it is Liverpool Bill Shankly etc

Finally Chelsea. No real favourite in London obviously not Arsenal. But then mourhinho came and gave that "special one " speech and I knew that Wenger and Fergie were suddenly in a new ball game.

Really Wednesday followed by Wednesday.

I have affections for various clubs in the big cities and realised that apart from one, they were all those who wore blue and white.

So Birmingham City a bit lukewarm on this.

Man City no brainer really. I hate Man U..see below

Rangers even before I knew about the religious trouble and the Irish flag over Parkhead

Liverpool just because it is Liverpool Bill Shankly etc

Finally Chelsea. No real favourite in London obviously not Arsenal. But then mourhinho came and gave that "special one " speech and I knew that Wenger and Fergie were suddenly in a new ball game.