the "other team"

Chelsea, got some good mates who support the chelsea and they love the wednesday and hate the red and white scum! Pwoper geezers!!

Goes back a few years the mutual thingy - Late 1970's .... Chelsea helped the Owl's fan's out in London, during altercations with another London club (can't remember who it was tho, ..... the alziemers is starting to kicj-im) !

I didn't "Mind" the gooners until 1993

I'm sure a lot of people think that and fair enough, but I was born in 1992! So those matches aren't exactly in my memory, their side since about 1998 when I really started to pay attention have been great to watch so I don't have any contempt for them.

Dads from Newcastle so I always look out for them. Managed to get to a match with my sis last season at st james' against Wolves. we'd both bet that there would be 4 goals in the game so when wolves equalised to make it 2-2, theres a silent ground and me and my sis with big grins on our face!

I always look out for Chester's scores having had a mate from there and then being at uni there, other than that I just seem to be drawn towards certain teams as the season is going on. A few years back it was Villa, last year Wigan and after the last game of last season I am already hoping for Wycombe to do well. However I don't really support another team as such just look out for scores and prefer them to do better than other teams.

obviously we all follow the wednesday on here but was just wondering which other teams you have a soft spot for or whose results you keep a look out for and why

personally mine are

EVERTON-just enjoy watching them and although havent won anything in donkeys years think there a well set up premier league team

ABERDEEN-used to go to matches with the ex's dad

OLDHAM -born there

:st2: guessing you were born after 66 :biggrin:

....The Mighty Carmarthen Town....even seen em play in the UEFA cup... :biggrin: Bohemians...the third team from Prague and in the lower Czech league....supported by ne'er do wells and punky types...very much like St Pauli are !!! Oh and Sligo Rep Of Ireland....storming the league this season!!!....(but play in red n white stripes so its quite difficult!!!!)

:st2: guessing you were born after 66 :biggrin:

We screwed that up big time! We can only dream of how we'd have developed with Harry Catterick as manager. Huge potential....then we started making signings like John Ritchie

all

down

hill

from

there.

Guest swfc massive

i love wednesday and no one will ever top them but i have always had a soft spot wigan always fighting for there status and i wish them all the look.

Guest ghoulguy

MAN CITY NOT COS THEY WON PREM COS THERE FANS R LIKE US IN DIV 4 AND THEY WERE STILL MASSIVE LIKE US UTO :ghoulguy: :madine: :Hirsty: lol lol

Guest wolverine14

MAN CITY NOT COS THEY WON PREM COS THERE FANS R LIKE US IN DIV 4 AND THEY WERE STILL MASSIVE LIKE US UTO :ghoulguy: :madine: :Hirsty: lol lol

no one is MASSIVE like us

Guest DubOwl

Notts Forest because of Clough and Taylor and their ethos in how the game should be played....Blyth Spartans because I found myself in a pub in Newcastle with nothing to do saw an ad in the chronicle for their match ended up in their clubhouse that night and found myself trapsing around England the same year as they progressed to the 3rd round of the FA Cup - Sligo Rovers cos I went to college there.

Celtic because the Marist Brothers wouldn't let us support anybody else and I was obsessed with Champagne Charlie's(Nicholas) celebrations as a nipper.

Any team with Paul McGrath in it - couldn't train because of his dodgy knees spent most mornings in the boozer before a game and then always gave a man of the match performance - pure class.

Spent my youth sleeping with a poster of Pat Van Den Hauwe(Brother was an Evertonian) on our bedroom wall very scary man but survived to tell the tale!