Richard Wood, at Xscape

Guest Jonny D

Guest Jonny D

We have moved on and thats a credit to the new Regime and ethos king milan has structured,,,,,, but had this had been in place im pretty sure Richard Wood, would still be at the club and thriving,,,,, his agent was a bell as much as laws and co

Guest Teetowl

C00PERMAN!! has a story about playing behind Chris Morgan at a golf course that will make your skin crawl.

Ive known Morgan since I was 5. Always been a tail!

Guest chuckie4570

Gets what he deserves..... Stay at Coventry and help them get back up, at the end of the day he and his team mates got them into the situation!

I think you'll find that most football agents are the spawn of Satan.

Wood wasn't a bad person, maybe just badly informed which happens to a lot of players. He was 'made' captain but that didn't mean he had to stick with us through thick and thin if (at the time) there were interested parties. Back then Coventry were a step up because they were a solid mid-table Championship club and we were struggling financially and lacking direction. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Derby County have just sold their best player and captain in Jason Shackell to Burnley. I'm sure that the Derby fans would say that Burnley isn't excatly a forwards step in his career but that's football.

Last Sunday met Richard while i was bowling with the lads, he was with his young family, got talking to him and he seriously was a nice bloke, My mate confronted him about him "pooing on us" and to be fair to the bloke he said it was the biggest mistake of his life and was his agents decision to "push us". I dont agree with what he did and I told him that,,,, . To cut a long long story short he said he would love to return one day,,,,,,and he bought us all a beer aswell :biggrin:

Sounded a decent bloke mate, it's good to see, believe me I've met loads of high profile names whilst doing my job, best person was KPS, I'll never forget him asking me to pick the Wednesday side whilst dropping Ashley Carson off at his home, worst one - Darious Henderson.

On the footballing side of things I think Woody got greedy and saw an opportunity and deserted us, I'm kind of glad he regrets it too because he'll never get to play for anyone as big as us again, we're the biggest club he's played for now.

I heard Darren Purse got a £25,000 signing on fee. Wood - who was the better player and probably on a lower basic - just wanted the same terms when his contract was up After all he'd proven himself and it depends on how Dave Allen dealt with that . Not hard to see why he'd leave given DA's tact

Guest We Shall Overcome

What somebody is like to your face is one thing, it was my agent bullpoo poo, never rated the bugger any way.

Guest Jonny D

What somebody is like to your face is one thing, it was my agent bullpoo poo, never rated the bugger any way.

Do you get on with ya missus then fella?