Richard Wood, at Xscape

Guest Jonny D

Guest JC Saviour

Yeah, never agree with his mate pestering him, and never had a go at wood as a bad player, in fact as I said he and beevers formed a terrific partnership. It was more throwing his toys out the pram captaining his boyhood team.

What''s more, the fact that he turned down ipswich for a higher offered fee to us, after having agreed to contract negotiations, yet he then proceeded to go back on his word, wanting to leave, meaning when a smaller offer came in we had little choice than to accept to sell a player who no longer wanted to be here, let alone be the captain of the club.

Wasn't making reference to you regarding the op's mate or how good/bad Wood was. The point I was making is that we don't know what went off behind the scenes and to blame Wood without knowing the full facts is a bit unfair. Why would a player (at the time one of our key players albeit in an average side) turn down

Yeah, never agree with his mate pestering him, and never had a go at wood as a bad player, in fact as I said he and beevers formed a terrific partnership. It was more throwing his toys out the pram captaining his boyhood team.

What''s more, the fact that he turned down ipswich for a higher offered fee to us, after having agreed to contract negotiations, yet he then proceeded to go back on his word, wanting to leave, meaning when a smaller offer came in we had little choice than to accept to sell a player who no longer wanted to be here, let alone be the captain of the club.

My point was that no one on here knows the exact reason why Wood went to Coventry. Yes apparently he did have the opportunity in going to Ipswich and eventually ending up at Coventry. How do we know how Wednesday (the club) treated him when Purse came in. The abuse he took in his last game for us when he came on as sub wasn't called for. He probably realised the way the club was being run that the best policy was to get out, but, who knows.

Guest JC Saviour

Wasn't making reference to you regarding the op's mate or how good/bad Wood was. The point I was making is that we don't know what went off behind the scenes and to blame Wood without knowing the full facts is a bit unfair. Why would a player (at the time one of our key players albeit in an average side) turn down

My point was that no one on here knows the exact reason why Wood went to Coventry. Yes apparently he did have the opportunity in going to Ipswich and eventually ending up at Coventry. How do we know how Wednesday (the club) treated him when Purse came in. The abuse he took in his last game for us when he came on as sub wasn't called for. He probably realised the way the club was being run that the best policy was to get out, but, who knows.

Sodding computer :sad:

Guest IrishOwl79

Nothing but a Judas....he was rogering poo pooe anyway...seen buses will a smaller turning circle

Yup fair enough. Was a good player for us at times, and agreed that he shouldn't have been hung out to dry. Anyway, these dark times are behind us, let's hope we won't be in that bad a position again that a player feels moving to Coventry is a step up...

Nothing but a Judas....he was rogering poo pooe anyway...seen buses will a smaller turning circle

crap thread crap player

dont buy into the "hes a crap player" that you two are spouting. as i recall he did a reasonable job for us in the championship, might not have been the best centre half we have ever had, but he and beevers were much better as a duo til Purse came along.

some people on here instantly subscribe to the opinion someone is sh!te just because he leaves us. comical.

I don't understand why people slagged Woody off for leaving. He left for a club, that at the time, were willing to pay him more money and were in a stable position on and off the field. I'd love to have him back here one day myself, think he's a solid Championship defender.