Richard Wood, at Xscape

Guest Jonny D

Guest Jonny D

:tango: :tango:

Steady on fella ;-)

He might wanna do us both mark,,,, warm the taxi buddy,,,is it ok if i call you buddy? :tango:

Last Sunday met Richard while i was bowling with the lads, he was with his young family, got talking to him and he seriously was a nice bloke, My mate confronted him about him "pooing on us" and to be fair to the bloke he said it was the biggest mistake of his life and was his agents decision to "push us". I dont agree with what he did and I told him that,,,, . To cut a long long story short he said he would love to return one day,,,,,,and he bought us all a beer aswell :biggrin:

I bet your mate wasn't too bothered when Richard Wood paid for those drinks with his increased wages at Coventry!

Some scary blokes go up to a professional footballer who's enjoying a bit of peace and quiet with his friends/family and 'confront him' about 'pooing on us'

What's he gonna do ? Say "you lot can flip off wi ya Sheffield Wednesday - I decided to leave cos I got a better offer and was proper fooked off wi Wednesday" ?

Buying you a beer might have been an inevitability given that you 'confronted' him?

Sometimes I just don't get it... but confronting players whilst they're out is not something I'd find enjoyable or satisfying given that they're gonna spin you a line to get rid of you/chill you out

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Reneowlsup

Always liked Woody. He was a solid defender that gave his all until he handed that transfer request in

Edited by Reneowlsup

Guest DronfieldOwl77

I was under the impression that Wood changed his mind after his transfer request was declined and forged a strong defensive partnership with Beevers. Then when purse arrived Beevers was dropped and Purse given the captains armband. This along with the club not wanting to pay him as much as purse (i believe Wood was a better player and therefore this was a justified request) was the reason why he left.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Guest Reneowlsup

Always liked Woody. Richard Wood that is.

Remember that clearance off the line he made at the kop end but can't for the life of me recall who it was against.

It was against Wolves mate. I remember it well, cracking clearance.

Woody made a mistake but he also got hung out to dry by the club.

Laws made a horrendous decision bringing him on against QPR after news of him wanting to leave came out.

Needless to say he was give a terrible reception when he came on and then lost his man for QPR to get the winner.