Richard Wood, at Xscape

Guest Jonny D

Guest Jonny D

Last Sunday met Richard while i was bowling with the lads, he was with his young family, got talking to him and he seriously was a nice bloke, My mate confronted him about him "pooing on us" and to be fair to the bloke he said it was the biggest mistake of his life and was his agents decision to "push us". I dont agree with what he did and I told him that,,,, . To cut a long long story short he said he would love to return one day,,,,,,and he bought us all a beer aswell :biggrin:

He was a decent player, certainly not as bad as some on here would have us believe, but he certainly got ideas above his station.

Handing in transfers requests when you are the captain is never going to endear you to the fans.

Love to know how much it was that Cov ending up paying him a week.

As if he'd say otherwise while confronted by a fan while out with his family...

He's not going to say... "I foooking love Coventry!" is he.... Well who would!

I don't think he'd say that anyway. It's not like since he's been at Coventry they've done very well.

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Always liked Woody. Richard Wood that is.

Remember that clearance off the line he made at the kop end but can't for the life of me recall who it was against.

Guest Jonny D

I know he wasnt gonna slag us off but the bloke didnt have to spend time chatting to us? fetching his partner and kids over also? good luck to him and just because hes left our club doesnt mean we have to call him ,,,,, Top bloke!

Typical Wednesday fans with pitchforks at the time.

Good luck Richard Wood.

Not really on here. I've read loads blaming the club for giving the captaincy to Purse and selling him, and as sidje says, he handed the transfer request in whilst captain.

Refreshing to read if true, and I hope he's sacked his flap agent.

He was a decent player, certainly not as bad as some on here would have us believe, but he certainly got ideas above his station.

No, he had ideas that were on par with his ambition.

It was us, as a club, that acted like rumbleing fools and held us and him back.

Don't have that much time for him tbh. Good bloke or not, handing in a transfer request as club captain just doesn't endear me to him at all. Yes, the club was in some dire straits at the time, but as the captain you have to stand up, be counted for and its times like those you show why you're the captain of Sheffield Wednesday.

Did very well for us alongside Beevers, but it's when times are tough that you see the real player and personality. You only have to look back a few months to this season to realise what kind of characters our current crop are, those who never gave up and were ready to fight all the way to the end; even when we as fans were calling time on our automatic ambitions.

I am much more optimistic with players like that bearing the shirt of Sheffield Wednesday, rather than any egotistical players such as Richard Wood, who was willing to desert the club he captained. Those type of characters, along with our dark past, seem long behind us now.

Edited by Innes