Most famous wendesdayite?

Guest markowl123

Guest wineowl

henry sampson my great great great grandad,landlord of the adelphi in 1867 when wednesday were formed,,,,three greats takes some beating,he also played cricket for yorkshire and england,,im reserching him at present,bill kirby original of adelphi in wednesday boardroom cheers

Guest Paulos_Medication

If we,re talking globally then given how massive they are in the States you,d have to say Rick Savage of Def Leppard.

Yep if you are looking globally has to be Rick Savage or Michael Palin.

Once met Michael Palin when he visited SCH and he actually admitted he's really DRAWB but doesn't let on as he wants "all the people in Sheffield to like him"

Not had anytime for the W****K ever since.

Would be a good shout, but as he has said on a million occasions HE AINT BOTHERED ABOUT FOOTBALL ,if pushed he wants them both to do well

Possibly true, but he does mention in his diaries several times in the 1970s and ealry 1980s taking his kids to watch the Owls. Never once does he mention going to see the other lot. That makes him at least an honorary Owl in my book!

Guest BoomTownOwls

God

Failing that, Tom Cruise, Pele and Maradona are the most famous Wednesday fans I know.

Edited by BoomTownOwls

got to be roy hattersley.......just as an aside how does he get to sit in the directors box next to wilko every home game ,does he have some sort of position at the club or is he just freeloading ?.

Didn't he claim to be a "Sponsor" of the Academy, though what that meant, or means, is anyone's guess. I've often wondered the same - years ago I went to a Palace away night match and walking round the ground I looked in a window and there was the tub of lard stuffing his face - I though how did he get in there for a free nosh up - freeloader came to mind. :rolleyes: He doesn't eat bacon though he says!