Most famous wendesdayite?

Guest markowl123

Didn't he claim to be a "Sponsor" of the Academy, though what that meant, or means, is anyone's guess. I've often wondered the same - years ago I went to a Palace away night match and walking round the ground I looked in a window and there was the tub of lard stuffing his face - I though how did he get in there for a free nosh up - freeloader came to mind. :rolleyes: He doesn't eat bacon though he says!

Eats like a pig, but is not one.

I don't think Dominic West is, never heard about him being at Wednesday matches or following the team. He's probably like Palin. He went to Eton and straight off to Uni and drama school, so it would seem he didn't spend much time in Sheffield to attend matches or even pay attention to either Wednesday or United. And he doesn't live here now.

Joking aside I'm not sure about the most famous but the most reccognised has to be Greatgrandad, by that I mean Grandads father he worked at Hillsborough as commisionaire for years and years. On the playing side he has shaken hands with everyone from Peter Feeley to Pele and on the none playing side I believe he has met HRH E II.

Photo please Nige, so they all know who I'm on about ?

Nev, it was Grandad's grandad, who was an old gentleman by the name of George Percival. He was a real old gent who ran a coach from Swallownest to home and away games when I was a lad. He got me my '66 FA Cup Final ticket, and for others, the last being Leeds v Sunderland, because he ran the supporters club, and in those days the FA Cup Final was for the fans not the corporate people with no interest in football. And when I was unemployed briefly, in 1973 he got me complimentary tickets to home games, because otherise I couldn't have gone. He was of a different age.

Guest Paulos_Medication

Sheffield bloke Jonathan Marray has just become first British player for 35 years to get to mens doubles semi-finals at wimbledon.

Is he an owl ???

Can we claim him anyway ?

Edited by Paulos_Medication

Guest jonholdingS35OWL

Michael Palin.

Archie from Emerdale.

I had no idea that Archie from Emerdale was played by the ex Python legend!

Bloody make up artist is good.

Guest Sniper1

Lads, lads, lads.

Some interesting names there.

If i was to win the UFC light heavy weight title would i then become the most famous Wednesdayite?

This could be the push i need.

F'k yeah.

Guest Paulos_Medication

Lads, lads, lads.

Some interesting names there.

If i was to win the UFC light heavy weight title would i then become the most famous Wednesdayite?

This could be the push i need.

F'k yeah.

No.

But good luck like :o)

Domanic West Massive star of The Wire

You're clutching at straws. There was a feature on him in the Star, when The Wire was being shown on TV. He was born of Irish parents in Sheffield, but only lived here until school age, and reckons he has no memory of the city