Italian friends

I carried the "Forza Owls" flag round last season, took it to a couple of games with me, it was quite small so struggled to put it anywhere, got it next to mine at MK Dons though .

I carried it round for Forza Wednesday off this very site, not seen him post for a while though ?

Guest lamort

I carried the "Forza Owls" flag round last season, took it to a couple of games with me, it was quite small so struggled to put it anywhere, got it next to mine at MK Dons though .

I carried it round for Forza Wednesday off this very site, not seen him post for a while though ?

Martin still reads the site and posts occasionally.

You know what, I always thought that we never made enough of our link with Saronno.

We should have been selling Saronno merchandise in the club shop. How cool would it be walking round in an FCB Saronno shirt and people asking who's shirt it was, only for us to give them a nice little history lesson.

I am saddened to hear of the fate of the club, seems we were more concerned about other tin-pot clubs going bust who we have absolutely no affiliation with to even notice that FCB Saronno who were born from our fabulous club and our Steel City background had ceased to exist.

Indeed much more should be made of this! This is no Chengdu pigs manufactured token gesture, this is the real deal with over 100 years history.

Links re: players and coaching in both directions could be of great benefit ....and as mentioned merchandise.

Surely in this time of our rejuvenation by a more business minded chairman such things could be capitalised upon??

Is there any way to show our support to the club and team?

UTO + UFBCS1910!!

Dear All, nice to meet you again.

Before all congratulation for promotion in championship, we have follow last season every week, and we are very happy for SWFC promotion.

in Italy last season we had opportunity to see only 3 matches on tv , 2 steel city derby and charlton-swfc.

Our relationship with the swfc fans still continue, the sheffield friends who met in last 4 years are very special, and we will hope our contacts be continue in the future,

Unfortunely FBC Saronno 1910... actually doesnt existe, for this reason is impossible organize meeting and stages for our young teams.

We hope to FBC Saronno restarting as soon as possible to renew the relationship.

we never forget the beautiful time spent in Sheffield,

"UP TO OLWS.. we'll follow you forever "

Best Reg. :biggrin:

We love you too. :Hirsty: x

Think Milan needs telling about this .

He could buy them too with spare change and we could use them as our feeder team, we could've loan the likes of Modeste to them and he may have come back alot better than he did from his stint at Dalro !!!

Indeed much more should be made of this! This is no Chengdu pigs manufactured token gesture, this is the real deal with over 100 years history.

Links re: players and coaching in both directions could be of great benefit ....and as mentioned merchandise.

Is there any way to show our support to the club and team?

UTO + UFBCS1910!!

You're right. These are guys who fly over at great expense, not because of some commercial interest, but because they support the club. I'm speaking now about Paolo and the Owls Club di Milano here rather than the Saronno lads.

As to why we hadn't heard from them recently, I think they're still hungover after hitting the Chianti on promotion day.

I had the great pleasure on a few occasions to go over to FBC Saronno - on the last occasion to celebrate their centenary - when the young Wednesday academy lads played in a tournament there. The involvement, commitment and passion of the volunteer fans in promoting youth football and building a relationship with Sheffield Wednesday was second to none as was the hospitality shown to us. It was humbling walking through their 'hall of fame' seeing a photograph of their team wearing a Wednesday kit which had been adapted showing the FBC Saraonno badge.

It also saddens me that as a Club we have not picked up on the story/history and made more of it. However, I was happy to see that Wednesdayite did become involved and reciprocated the hospitality when the Italian lads visited Sheffield.

I still keep in contact with the many friends I made through FBC Saronno and I know Luigi and his colleagues are continually looking for ways for the club to be reborn.

On 03/07/2012 at 21:33, Eaton_Swfc said:

You still supporting our great club? It's been 9 years