Italian friends

5 minutes ago, bobness said:

Imagine supporting this shower from across the globe and not even having a connection with Sheffield. 

It's kind of tragic yet very admirable at the same time. Especially when you consider how many plastic fans support the big clubs. We can't guarantee much, definitely not success but you will certainly be rewarded with angst and bucket loads of despair!!!  

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3

On 23/06/2012 at 15:44, kenny said:

Sad to hear about Saronno being no more, having had good links with the Owls in the past.

As an aside I have a couple of Italian friends originally from Naples but now live in the UK - I have introduced them to the massive Owls last season going to some of the games and they have now adopted Wednesday as their second team (after Napoli).

Dovresti cercare la nostra vecchia pop star italiana Toni Dalli degli anni '60, ora è un moderatore. Menziona i gufi e ti darà un caloroso benvenuto.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Dovresti cercare la nostra vecchia pop star italiana Toni Dalli degli anni '60, ora è un moderatore. Menziona i gufi e ti darà un caloroso benvenuto.

Dalli left Italy when he was 16 in 1949, working in the steelworks, he was an avid Wednesday supporter, became a singing sensation moving to London in 1957,he had a great singing career having his own show in the states, eventually retired and opened a restaurant in Marbella Spain, he has or had photos of his time in Sheffield, and still has fond memories of the Owls, great man what a voice

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

It's kind of tragic yet very admirable at the same time. Especially when you consider how many plastic fans support the big clubs. We can't guarantee much, definitely not success but you will certainly be rewarded with angst and bucket loads of despair!!!  

I think the world falls in love with Wednesdayites first, then the club kinda sneaks in there

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bobness said:

How many non expats? 

Imagine supporting this shower from across the globe and not even having a connection with Sheffield. 

You could've picked Barnsley! ffs! 

:duntmatter:

Why? We need all the support we can get. You never know we could stumble across someone better than DC who buys the club and takes us to the Premiership, so let's get the whole world behind us

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Dalli left Italy when he was 16 in 1949, working in the steelworks, he was an avid Wednesday supporter, became a singing sensation moving to London in 1957,he had a great singing career having his own show in the states, eventually retired and opened a restaurant in Marbella Spain, he has or had photos of his time in Sheffield, and still has fond memories of the Owls, great man what a voice

You will love this      Toni Dalli - Toda una Vida - Programa especial completo - YouTube.

Wednesday get a great mention too !

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Canada here, quite a few of us.

I know you kinda said previously you're from here in my Ecclesfield Church thread, but...

canada-eh.jpg 

1705_LiveTweet_Pic10_friend-buddy.jpg 

13 hours ago, fatzooma said:

I’m in Woodseats...allegedly surrounded by blades..like Cold War Berlin ..Woodseats 21

Is this your front garden?lol

d2dcc710-a41c-4ce3-958b-eb7c1a901189-way 

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Canada, where about? 

1.gif?resize=499,351 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I know you kinda said previously you're from here in my Ecclesfield Church thread, but...

canada-eh.jpg 

1705_LiveTweet_Pic10_friend-buddy.jpg 

Is this your front garden?lol

d2dcc710-a41c-4ce3-958b-eb7c1a901189-way 

1.gif?resize=499,351 

all the way from Chapeltown..

• Like 1

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

18 hours ago, Andysowls said:

They may have fell into that chasm David Garrido fell into🤔

Garrido stopped posting because some of the posts he was getting especially on Twitter from Owls fans weren't shall we say pleasant so he said he was going to stop posting. Haven't seen any posts from him for ages so I'm guessing he has deleted his account. Can't say I blame him

• Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby

Anyone else remember Anglo -Italian Cup games at Hillsborough?

Di Canio now top SkyItalia footy presenter and bigs us up when he can.

Did great documentary on footy in Sheffield recently and, sadly,  seemed a mate of Wilders - did they play against each other?

Edited by Hornsby