Not as MASSIVE as we would be.

Before I get slated for posting this, please read the whole thing and look at the possitive message I am trying to project.

Am in Newcastle for a day trip and decided to take a trip to their ground. I have to admit, the difference between them and us is huge.

Obviously the stadium is much bigger but it is so much more up to date. It has several businesses incorporated into it as well.

The shop is at least twice as big and has four times the stock. Because the stock is in much bigger bulk it is much cheaper as well. £7 for a golfing umbrella, £11 for a hoodie etc.

You go into a newsagents and there are several fanzines available. Can't remember the last time I saw a Wednesday fanzine.

So why am I pointing this all out? I'm not doing it to slag Wednesday off, but we still have a long way to go. Perhaps getting to the Premiership will do it, but I suspect we need to be more proactive than that e.g. Get the stadium upgraded, improve the commercial side, get the club a bigger image in the local area etc.

The good news is that I think we have an infer structure in place now that will allow us to start making these changes. Having been so impressed with the size of Newcastle United, I can't wait until we can start to catch up to teams like this.

But don't rebrand Hillsborough to the Suggs Sport stadium please.

Guest Big Guns

if newcastle had spent the last 15 or wot ever years on there arse then they wouldnt have none of that,and i dont think they would have got the crowds we have managed either

yes were miles behind ,thats why the premiership is were its at..........

if newcastle had spent the last 15 or wot ever years on there arse then they wouldnt have none of that,and i dont think they would have got the crowds we have managed either

yes were miles behind ,thats why the premiership is were its at..........

spot on

Before I get slated for posting this, please read the whole thing and look at the possitive message I am trying to project.

Am in Newcastle for a day trip and decided to take a trip to their ground. I have to admit, the difference between them and us is huge.

Obviously the stadium is much bigger but it is so much more up to date. It has several businesses incorporated into it as well.

The shop is at least twice as big and has four times the stock. Because the stock is in much bigger bulk it is much cheaper as well. £7 for a golfing umbrella, £11 for a hoodie etc.

You go into a newsagents and there are several fanzines available. Can't remember the last time I saw a Wednesday fanzine.

So why am I pointing this all out? I'm not doing it to slag Wednesday off, but we still have a long way to go. Perhaps getting to the Premiership will do it, but I suspect we need to be more proactive than that e.g. Get the stadium upgraded, improve the commercial side, get the club a bigger image in the local area etc.

The good news is that I think we have an infer structure in place now that will allow us to start making these changes. Having been so impressed with the size of Newcastle United, I can't wait until we can start to catch up to teams like this.

But don't rebrand Hillsborough to the Suggs Sport stadium please.

Sorry but I find this post slightly strange, I just do but can't be arsed to explain why.

Edited by TaxiMark

How big were Newcastle United back before they signed Andy Cole and Kevin Keegan came back to England? They were mere potential.

Just as we are now.

Everything will fall into place, some things though such as club shop might have to wait a while.

I honestly don't think there is a club in the country who would have maintained the support we have given the 15 years of crap abuse and failure we have. There certainly aren't many who could pull 38k v wycombe in the third division, and we still hold the record for the biggest ever third division gate.

with what previous s**te we have had to suffer we are a credit to sheffield and football as a whole ,our fans are untouchable tbh , and especialy in a two team city ,

success will add even more to our fanbase as season ticket sales are allready showing ,our time will come where we can live up to our name again , Don't belittle swfc we are in a league of our own supporter wise

Edited by trevdi9

Sports direct arena, I presume their merchandise is from sports direct,this is probably why their hoodies are £11. You get what you pay for. There's only 1 person lining his pockets. Not envious of Newcastle I'm afraid but I can see where you're coming from.

Guest Cheese

I remember not too long ago we were literally minutes from oblivion, please remember this and factor it into your comparisons. Have you ever tried handbrake turning the Ark Royal?

We are heading in the right direction, well done to all those involved so far. I'm sure the club staff would love to provide a bigger and better service in all areas but they just simply can't at the minute.

Onwards and upwards.