Not as MASSIVE as we would be.

Guest GreenGoose

I saw that autocorrect was changing it when I was posting but couldn't quite work out what it should be so left it in.

As thick as it makes me sound, how should it go?

I'm only playing with you.

"infrastructure" is what you meant, I'm just being a wee pipe.

Before I get slated for posting this, please read the whole thing and look at the possitive message I am trying to project.

Am in Newcastle for a day trip and decided to take a trip to their ground. I have to admit, the difference between them and us is huge.

Obviously the stadium is much bigger but it is so much more up to date. It has several businesses incorporated into it as well.

The shop is at least twice as big and has four times the stock. Because the stock is in much bigger bulk it is much cheaper as well. £7 for a golfing umbrella, £11 for a hoodie etc.

You go into a newsagents and there are several fanzines available. Can't remember the last time I saw a Wednesday fanzine.

So why am I pointing this all out? I'm not doing it to slag Wednesday off, but we still have a long way to go. Perhaps getting to the Premiership will do it, but I suspect we need to be more proactive than that e.g. Get the stadium upgraded, improve the commercial side, get the club a bigger image in the local area etc.

The good news is that I think we have an infer structure in place now that will allow us to start making these changes. Having been so impressed with the size of Newcastle United, I can't wait until we can start to catch up to teams like this.

But don't rebrand Hillsborough to the Suggs Sport stadium please.

You do get that the MASSIVE thing is tongue in cheek right?? Obviously some ppl think it's serious but anyone with a brain knows we are quite a way behind most premier league clubs........... I hope lol

The toon are huge, it always will be. IMO, we cannot compete with their size because its a one club city

true, but it depends how you define it

st james park is only 6 miles from the stadium of light

there are two clubs in the Tyne-Tees conurbation

Guest GreenGoose

Have another go.

Guest GreenGoose

Don't forget the mighty Gateshead!

I was referring to the "6 miles" . . . but yeh . . . Gateshead . . . woop!

10 miles actually but may as well be two different countries as far as the geordies and mackams are concerned!!

It depends on how an area is structured 10 miles, 5 miles etc can make a world of difference in a built up area - Newcastle people stick to Newcastle and have very little need to visit Sunderland and the same goes the other way - it's two separate entities and can't be compared to two clubs in the same city.