Football Manager ...

Guest CowshedLad

In response to the OP, no I wouldn't, but Championship Manager/Football Manager has got quite the history of "discovering" genuinely good footballers before they make it in real life.

What people who don't play the game might not realise is that the database is built on real life research from hundreds of volunteers allover the world. That's not to say it's any sort of professional level of scouting, but it's much more comprehensive than people give it credit for.

Have seen a few references to the game in a few threads.

The game is actually a simulation based on realism. Jose Mourinho and Sam Allardyce have both gone on record on admitting using the database provided on players to scout. It seems silly, but when the game has over 10,000 football researchers does it seem stupid for a club manager to 'find' players from obscurity.

The game is updated regularly and many players who have broke through into professional football at a high level have been touted prior to their success by the game.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts ... Im guessing its the younger generation like myself who play the game who can only tell you how realistic the database is, but my question is, would you use a simulation such as Football Manager to highlight players, for your club scouts to have a look in real life?

More of a question to those who play. Those who dont will think im slighlty mental.

i haven't played for years but i know what your saying to be true

sadly everyone ive ever told thinks im mental

I think its got so detailed now that its become too difficult to play, there are too many variables I.e should my striker be linking play or pushing on that when you are losing too many it can drive you mad.

I think the game peaked under CM in 99/OO and again in 2005.

I remember the best signing i ever made was Morten Gamst Pederson on CM4 about a 18 months before he signed for Blackburn in real life! He never quite hit the heights at Blackburn that he did for my Wednesday squad, going from wonderkid on a very low transfer fee, to world class by the end of the season!!!

John Fleck- world beater on FM, poo in real life

I've got him for Leicester, picked him up on a free.

What a moaning, whinging dour Scot! Constantly complaining about the lack of playing time!

Guest CowshedLad

There is a lad on the game called Zeli Ismail who is 16/17 and plays for the Wolves youth academy. Most of you havent heard of him but FM has him touted as a future world class player.

Interesting to see if this amounts next year in the Champonship.

Nathan Redmond was also spotted by FM before his rise into the Birmingham First-team

Theres a real life version of football manager.

A programme called IMSCOUTING.COM

they have a team of International Scouts who give reports etc and loads of European clubs use it. Ive always thought it would be worth us having a punt on it . http://www.imscouting.com/

There is a lad on the game called Zeli Ismail who is 16/17 and plays for the Wolves youth academy. Most of you havent heard of him but FM has him touted as a future world class player.

Interesting to see if this amounts next year in the Champonship.

Nathan Redmond was also spotted by FM before his rise into the Birmingham First-team

Always sign him , legend !

Guest keyser soze

Showing my age here, but back in the day, Championship Manager had two world beaters at Cambridge called Mark Collis and Ferrah Orosco. They never amounted to anything though.

They were the guys who wrote the game and sneaked themselves in!

Edited by keyser soze

Showing my age here, but back in the day, Championship Manager had two world beaters at Cambridge called Mark Collis and Ferrah Orosco. They never amounted to anything though.

They were the guys who wrote the game and sneaked themselves in!

Yuuuuuup.Always signed them! They were awesome.Sneaky feckers lol.