Football Manager ...

Guest CowshedLad

There's an official FM editor that can only used prior to a game save (I believe) and then there's Football Manager Real Time Editor (FMRTE) which can be used in-game to edit stats, edit finances, edit contracts, raise morale etc.

I can never find it me as i dont seem to have the "tools" folder or which ever it is you need once you go into the Sports Interactive folder.

I can never find it me as i dont seem to have the "tools" folder or which ever it is you need once you go into the Sports Interactive folder.

If you wanted to use any editor use FMRTE. It doesn't necessarily mean you are cheating if you use it (I've changed a few player names and put a couple of my mates in the academy!). Just edit what you want, when you want. Also it's a very simple to use and really needs no explanation in order to utilise it. One gripe I've got with the developer is that to use the editor you have to "donate" (although some would argue it's a payment of a very small fee as it's not optional should you want to fully use the program), I donated/payed 50p (IIRC).

http://www.fmrte.com/

If you wanted to use any editor use FMRTE. It doesn't necessarily mean you are cheating if you use it (I've changed a few player names and put a couple of my mates in the academy!). Just edit what you want, when you want. Also it's a very simple to use and really needs no explanation in order to utilise it. One gripe I've got with the developer is that to use the editor you have to "donate" (although some would argue it's a payment of a very small fee as it's not optional should you want to fully use the program), I donated/payed 50p (IIRC).

http://www.fmrte.com/

I've downloaded this twice now, and didn't have to donate. can't remember where I downloaded it from though. I use it to change the kit colours and use SmartShirtDesigner2 to update kits every other season.

Guest swfc4_1

Im still playing FM2011, Consecutive promotions to the premiership, and im now going for my 10th premiership title :biggrin:

Still have FM2006 running on my laptop, so I have an half an hour every so often. Into season 2036 or so the last time I picked it up and my Wednesday boys have uninterupted Premiership and Champions League titles for 27 seasons! Loved the messages when going 6-0 up after 50-odd mins of "Sheff Wed looking good - 256 games without defeat!". lol

Obviously, it isn't realistic and is a pretty easy game to understand once you start finding gems and tactics that opposition can't play against.

However, the amount of star players on FM (and CM before it) that have come good in real life is huge - but as has been pointed out, many, many more have also turned out to be crap!

Theres a real life version of football manager.

A programme called IMSCOUTING.COM

they have a team of International Scouts who give reports etc and loads of European clubs use it. Ive always thought it would be worth us having a punt on it . http://www.imscouting.com/

Always sign him , legend !

Oh yeah Zeil Ishamael. Signed him on loan for AFC Dover, scored like 15 in 20 from attacking midfield. Looked at him the season after and he was worth 22million... I was proud of how i'd developed young Zeil.

On a side note though, did anyone used to play LMA Manger? They stopped it in 2006 but it used to be quality. I heard rumours about a 2011 game and 2012 game but they never materialised. There just needs to be a good managers game for the XBOX or console. They need to make Football manager available for download in the XBOX games store like they have with many old retro games and titles. Please make it happen someone!

This definitely.

I started with a random club, and waited til my rep was high enough to apply for the Wednesday job. Think I applied 3 times before I got it! Was worth the wait though. Far more rewarding playing it this way. Here's my record so far with no cheating. (Ignore the England bit, it's wrong. I've managed em twice, 1st time I resigned before a tournament coz it was boring me!).

mhr09x.png

You have inspired me to start a new league with a random club and no cheating, I'll get back to you with how I get on.

Going old, I remember I think it was 01/02, where Bristol Rovers were immense. Cureton and Roberts up front. It was bizarre. You walked from Div 3 (as it was) to the Premiership title without needing to sign a player!

Guest DaveJonesBarmyArmy

Im in season 20/21 with altrincham in prem :biggrin: Jordan Rhodes Upfront FM Is a top game love it!!!!

Ismail has been around for yonks - used to try and find him on FM10 but he wasn't on there. Interesting to see how he lives up to his expectation next year, pretty good in real life from what I have heard.

FM is an absolute quality, Wednesday winning the Champions League a record 9 times, with a strike partnership of Martin Fenin and Neymar (before he was in the limelight), is a personal highlight.

Might do what Just_Donny did and work myself up. Thanks for that ... there goes my degree. :biggrin:

Guest keyser soze

As soon as you signed them their value went from 80k to 3million.

Nii Lamptey and Ilie Dumitrescu were awesome on that game.

Nii Lamptey, class. I'd forgotten the Ghanaian (i think?) wonderkid!

Need to download a copy of this classic!