After a wonderful weekend culminating in Simmo's superb penalty, I was thinking Rhodes, is he really worth £5M?

He was well marked, but seemed out of position most of the time.

Bearing in mind the Championship defenders are much better than L1, and Premiership defenders another level up, is he good enough to cut it in the Prem? I don't think he is, but would love him at S6.

Danny Batth had him in his back pocket at the Galpharm and he failed to score in three games against the Pigs. Whilst the service he received on Saturday was poor I must admit I'd forgotten he was playing until he took his pen.

I would rather use that sort of money on three or four quality players elsewhere.

It's something that happens to all top strikers.

They score a shed load and then every defense comes up with a plan to stop them.

It's then up to said striker to come up with solutions to that.

Jordan Rhodes is quality and a natural goalscorer- he will play at the top level pretty soon.. If we managed to get him it would be an amazing coup.

Guest londonowl1

Ipswich sold him as they had Connor Wickham at the time and didn't think Rhodes would quite make it at championship/premier level.

I would say Rhodes has developed as a player but still don't think he will shine at championship level.

It's something that happens to all top strikers.

They score a shed load and then every defense comes up with a plan to stop them.

It's then up to said striker to come up with solutions to that.

Jordan Rhodes is quality and a natural goalscorer- he will play at the top level pretty soon.. If we managed to get him it would be an amazing coup the same day that hell froze over.

Give him the ball near the goal, and he'll score. That's how you get to 40 goals in a single season.

Huddersfield struggled to give him any kind of service at times, hence he looked like a poor player and wasn't scoring as often later in the season. He literally touched the ball about 8 or 10 times in our 2-0 win against them at the Galpharm.

However players who score when they have the chance are worth huge money.

He is a fantastic player who would score tons of goals in a team which creates opportunities for him. And i don't mean that in a Franny Jeffers 'oh, he just needs the ball on the deck and he'll put it away' type way. Rhodes has just scored 40 bloody goals!

Great player and won't be at Huddersfield for much longer in his career- 6-12 months would be my guess.

After a wonderful weekend culminating in Simmo's superb penalty, I was thinking Rhodes, is he really worth £5M?

He was well marked, but seemed out of position most of the time.

Bearing in mind the Championship defenders are much better than L1, and Premiership defenders another level up, is he good enough to cut it in the Prem? I don't think he is, but would love him at S6.

Yes, but this is a where was he thread, and can he hack it in the Prem, not is he coming to S6.

I can see why he thought that....

Any potential suitors watching Saturday would be disappointed. He scored goals in the third tier of English football, and almost a quarter of those goals came in just two games.

Very good player who is yet to prove himself in big games at this level. Anything above £3m is a gamble tbh.

You putting that down as a negative?

what about the other 30? lol

It's only because people know we won't sign him that they are looking for the negatives.

He is class. A potential Madine / Rhodes partnership is the stuff of football fantasy.

We can but dream.

I think some Prem clubs will probably be wary having seen how Jermaine Beckford turned out. I really like Rhodes but he wouldn't be worth the gamble for the fee that he would command IMO. Not that we have any chance of signing him anyway. They want funny money for him and rightly so after the season he has had. He will get his big move soon.

Huddersfield would be taking one hell of a gamble he they didn't cash in on him this summer. If he didn't hit the ground running in the Championship his value would plummet. Like has been said, he'll score goals in a team that can give him the service and can they attract the kind of players that can give him that service in the Championship. I don't think so

Its weird, the Jordan Rhodes I saw at Hillsborough, I'd take in a flash, the one in the play offs, not so sure, it would depend on the price. As someone said, for that sort of money you could get a lot more for your money in Europe, but would they score the goals Jordan Rhodes scores in England?

He's average player outside the box, but in it he's bloody lethal. He's got great awareness of space and good movement. Then when he gets the chance he's lethal. Very clinical and a very clever striker.

I think he will score a fair amount in the Championship if given the service. I do think his all round game will need to improve if he wants to make it in the Premier League as he isn't ready for that level yet, but there is no reason why can't get there eventually. I would've never thought Grant Holt and Danny Graham would do anything at that level, but they have.

Edited by BRADDAZ