IVAN KLASNIC TO SIGN FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ?

OK I'll ask again Why would I still prefer Ross McCormack, Nicky Maynard or even Billy Sharp to this guy. Its illogical, he's a far better player than any of those, and yet I still feel our promotion prospects would be better were we to sign one of those three.

They're all relatively proven at this level, and young enough to build a squad around. That's always going to be more exciting than an old, out of contract player from a relegated squad.

Don't think I'd take Maynard over Klasnić even if he was available, no chance at all of signing Sharp, and only the slightest of chances that McCormack would come to us even if he turns Colin down, so it's academic really.

We created shed loads last season and had no one who could finish them. Always really impresses when I've seen this lad on tv and would be ecstatic IF we could get him. Only reason bolton are getting shut is they are skint and can't afford him. Go on milan you know you want to!

Guest foreverSWFC

But all 2 or 3 million out of our price range

Oh of course! We'd never be able to sign them, Klasnic would be good business IMO

how old was klinsman when he signed for spurs?, how old is kevin phillips?, theres plenty of great players over 30 is scholes over 30 now? and beckham of course, we'd still have no chance of signing any of these players as they are right now(excluding klinsman because of retirement)

because prem teams still value them

Guest foreverSWFC

The title of this thread has changed!! Does somebody know something we don't or is Neil just doing his sensational headline thing lol

Just Neil being Neil lol

The title of this thread has changed!! Does somebody know something we don't or is Neil just doing his sensational headline thing lol

i just noticed that...i started thread n thought im sure i didnt put that

why has it been changed????

I'll tell you what. I hope Wednesday never get taken over by the fans, if Owlstalk is a wide selection of fan opinions. For weeks ppl have been posting the usual "can he do a job" threads and all we get is never heard of him, he can't be that good, we need someone with more experience. Them ppl turn their noses up when players like Owen and Klasnic get mentioned. Lets face it they'd both be up there with the best strikers in the division. C'mon owlstalkers what do we want. We can't have a young, hungry striker with bags of experience.

Theres a difference between experienced strikers who can do a job, and an injury prone, wage sapping former talent like own, and an ageing striker who hardly ever gets into double figures.

Cant see why we should potentially blow the budget on these two, when there are far safer gambles on less money available.

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

Would be a REYT signing. Really couldn't understand how N'gog was playing instead of him every week in the prem. Big Ivan would bag 20+ in champ, we're probably looking at signing 2 maybe even 3 strikers this summer so no worries about his lack of pace.

Not really turning my nose up at the possibility of signing him, just trying to understand why I was feeling like that. It seemed illogical that I might want players unproven at the level Klasnic's played ahead of him.

Not really turning my nose up at the possibility of signing him, just trying to understand why I was feeling like that. It seemed illogical that I might want players unproven at the level Klasnic's played ahead of him.

Wasn't aiming it at anyone in general and certainly not you mate, just ppl in general lol

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

Didn't think you were, just trying to work out why I was feeling like that

Probably something you ate

Would be a REYT signing. Really couldn't understand how N'gog was playing instead of him every week in the prem. Big Ivan would bag 20+ in champ, we're probably looking at signing 2 maybe even 3 strikers this summer so no worries about his lack of pace.

This !