IVAN KLASNIC TO SIGN FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ?

Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones wants to open talks with Bolton top scorer Ivan Klasnic - after he was freed by the relegated outfit.

Croatian Klasnic was cut from Owen Coyle's squad despite leading their scoring charts, but the ambitious Owls plan to offer him a deal.

Klasnic had a decent record at Bolton but Coyle let him go to make way for young blood - and to get his wages off the payroll.

Wednesday supremo Milan Mandaric has given Jones money to spend and Klasnic's arrival would be a major coup and proof that they mean business next season.

I'm guessing that the reason he's leaving Bolton is due to them no longer being in the Prem.

Us being linked in the national press, to random players, is atleast a sign that we're on the back as a club

What's his pace like anyway?

Edited by camffiti

I'm guessing that the reason he's leaving Bolton is due to them no longer being in the Prem.

Us being linked in the national press, to random players, is atleast a sign that we're on the back as a club

What's his pace like anyway?

I don't know but he's slow as flip on FIFA :tango:

Guest foreverSWFC

Normally want to avoid these players but I think Klasnic is a quality player. Surely his wages will be too much?

Definitely strong rather than fast. Bit of a tank as I recall. Megson signed him for Bolton. Good eye for goal though - 8 goals from 16 starts and 13 sub appearances last year, for a crap team playing in the Prem. Probably still be great in the Championship.

Turns 33 next season though, and he'll have been on big wages.

compared to owen(who was also in the rumour mill) he's messi, owens a year older and only scored 5 goals in 35 games since season 2009, if the rumour has any thruth in it i reckon he'd be the sort of player to help us out of this league with experience at highest level and he can still pop the goals in, he would learn madine a hell of a lot

Edited by warner