IVAN KLASNIC TO SIGN FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY ?

Guest foreverSWFC

seems this won't happen...

http://boards.footym...&mid=2114721683

Oh that is settled then. May aswell forget about it, the great warriors of wisdom on Bladesmad have said we've not got a chance, shame i really was looking forward to him signing. But they say it won't happen, it's not as if they've got anything else wrong this season, they are pretty much always right.

Oh well, move on.

Guest kiltonowl

i'm sure Bolton could have offered Klasnic a competitive championship wage had they wanted to keep him; believe the decision to release him was financial if ya like...

Klasnic was Boltons leading scorer in the Premier League, Jeffers and Morrison has done f-all for years.

Bolton are in a large amount of debt and have to cut the cloth, they have young players still in contract. Of course they wanted to retain a 28 year old Reo Coker, a player as he could play in the EPL if they go up, also take into account the loss of Muamba.

More importantly you also you have to look at players attributes, players who have never relied on pace inevitably find it easier to play continue to play at a higher level i.e. paul scholes, sheringham. Quick players such as jeffers and morrison without their youthful speed struggle in later years.

That said Micahel Owen was reliant on pace but was also one of the best finishers in the game, providing he stayed fit he could do a Kevin Phillips and play at a good level (mid prem-upper championship) for a few years.

Klasnic is a big strong player who would be a great foil for small, quick striking partner.

Guest wilyfox

Klasnic was Boltons leading scorer in the Premier League, Jeffers and Morrison has done f-all for years.

Bolton are in a large amount of debt and have to cut the cloth, they have young players still in contract. Of course they wanted to retain a 28 year old Reo Coker, a player as he could play in the EPL if they go up, also take into account the loss of Muamba.

More importantly you also you have to look at players attributes, players who have never relied on pace inevitably find it easier to play continue to play at a higher level i.e. paul scholes, sheringham. Quick players such as jeffers and morrison without their youthful speed struggle in later years.

That said Micahel Owen was reliant on pace but was also one of the best finishers in the game, providing he stayed fit he could do a Kevin Phillips and play at a good level (mid prem-upper championship) for a few years.

Klasnic is a big strong player who would be a great foil for small, quick striking partner.

which can also be said to describe Gary Madine. i'm hoping we're looking for a striker to complement Madine, not match him. we need the small & quick striker you refer to...

Guest kiltonowl

which can also be said to describe Gary Madine. i'm hoping we're looking for a striker to complement Madine, not match him. we need the small & quick striker you refer to...

Gary Madine is not proven at that level, Klasnic is a proven international, and what a great mentor he would be for Madine.

I genuinely dont know if GM will be a top performer in the Championship, he will do a job no doubt, but my gut feel he is not good enough to take us up, he's not strong enough to be a target man and not quick enough or skillful enough to run defenses ragged. I am happy to admit he could prove me wrong.

Guest wilyfox

Gary Madine is not proven at that level, Klasnic is a proven international, and what a great mentor he would be for Madine.

I genuinely dont know if GM will be a top performer in the Championship, he will do a job no doubt, but my gut feel he is not good enough to take us up, he's not strong enough to be a target man and not quick enough or skillful enough to run defenses ragged. I am happy to admit he could prove me wrong.

hopefully he will be soon enough...

i genuinely believe The Machine will make the grade; good in the air and decent finisher with his right. the games in which he doesn't score is usually down to a lack of service - or poor quality of.

Of course I don't know who else we'll end up with but Gary Madine has all the attributes to be a very good centre forward He aint there yet, sometimes we forget how young he is, but I'd certainly pencil him in as one half of our strike force. Would like to see some thought put into our regular strike pairing, which hasn't always been the case

Don't believe owt off pigs-mad

One blunt insist's that they've sold over 31,000 for Wembley, even other blunts think he's talking crap.

That site is tragic. They've currently got 19 members on their site. We've got ten times that.

Thought about this for a bit, but I'll have to make sure I don't come across as a bit of a dreamer. If Madine is gonna be one half of our strike pairing, and I believe he should be, then for me, Klasnic wouldn't be his ideal partner. Don't get me wrong, Klasnic is a good enough player to make a decent fist of it if he signs. For me they are too similar in styles. Both are good finishers without being prolific, both are decent in the air and have enough technical ability to bring others into the game. However neither of them have any pace or an inclination to work the channels. In short, it would seem to be either or.

My worry is that we would just play them together anyway. They would probably do OK, in the same way as Madine and Ranger did, or Madine and COG, or Lowe. All those pairings brought us success I know but you always thought the pairings lacked something. We now have a chance to find the right strike partner for Madine so lets get it right For me the ideal partner would be someone like McCormack or Madine. Both are quick and mobile, have terrific shots on them and have both scored goals in this division. Salary wise, they would probably be on less than Klasnic. Would we get either of them? Who knows, but if we consider ourselves promotion candidates in this division we should try. Neither will be playing in the top division next season so if we are serious about giving it a go, why can't they play for us. McCormick is out of contract but is looking for a wage hike which he may or may not get. Maynard I imagine wikk be surplus to requirement in the premier. They already have six strikers and I see this morning they were linked with Bent and Defoe.

It may be that we can't get those players but my point was, lets make sure we get the right pairing and not just make do and mend

Guest aj_owl

Makes a shedload of goals as well not a one dimensional striker. Would be amazing and a real statement but realisitic??

Guest wilyfox

Thought about this for a bit, but I'll have to make sure I don't come across as a bit of a dreamer. If Madine is gonna be one half of our strike pairing, and I believe he should be, then for me, Klasnic wouldn't be his ideal partner. Don't get me wrong, Klasnic is a good enough player to make a decent fist of it if he signs. For me they are too similar in styles. Both are good finishers without being prolific, both are decent in the air and have enough technical ability to bring others into the game. However neither of them have any pace or an inclination to work the channels. In short, it would seem to be either or.

My worry is that we would just play them together anyway. They would probably do OK, in the same way as Madine and Ranger did, or Madine and COG, or Lowe. All those pairings brought us success I know but you always thought the pairings lacked something. We now have a chance to find the right strike partner for Madine so lets get it right For me the ideal partner would be someone like McCormack or Madine. Both are quick and mobile, have terrific shots on them and have both scored goals in this division. Salary wise, they would probably be on less than Klasnic. Would we get either of them? Who knows, but if we consider ourselves promotion candidates in this division we should try. Neither will be playing in the top division next season so if we are serious about giving it a go, why can't they play for us. McCormick is out of contract but is looking for a wage hike which he may or may not get. Maynard I imagine wikk be surplus to requirement in the premier. They already have six strikers and I see this morning they were linked with Bent and Defoe.

It may be that we can't get those players but my point was, lets make sure we get the right pairing and not just make do and mend

if you mean Ross McCormack...no he's not out of contract; entering his final year.