SETTING UP CAMP!

Guest BoomTownOwls

Trust SWFC to ruin the guy's charity donation attempts. This looks really bad on SWFC... :biggrin:

Imagine how bad it would look on Wednesday if the 2nd guy in the queue didn't get any because soom loon started queueing 3 days before and then bought all 1,800 tickets :biggrin:

Did somebody seriously think they were going to 1 up the football club and teach it a lesson by, of all things, buying tickets to the game? Because I fail to see that working and personally I think all you will have succeeded in doing is broadcasting on the internet that you are likely to be stood alone in public with a large amount of cash on you.

I applaud what was a very clever attempt to ensure the OP got a ticket, but in future dont bother sugar coating it with all this charity talk and "I'm doing it for you guys" crap, and either queue up or ring up like everybody else.

I'll be in the queue on the day they arrive, buying 2 tickets, like I do for every away game, if I miss out, it's my own tough titties, but if I'm there early enough, I wont miss out.

Sonny, is the invitation to spoon first come first serve?

So what's the difference in one man buying 200 tickets or 200 men buying 1 ticket.

or

What's the difference in one man buying 1800 tickets or 1800 men buying 1 ticket.

You think it's fair, the club thinks it's fair.

So we are all agreed?

Thats a bit sexist mate. What he our lass wants a ticket??

Did somebody seriously think they were going to 1 up the football club and teach it a lesson by, of all things, buying tickets to the game? Because I fail to see that working and personally I think all you will have succeeded in doing is broadcasting on the internet that you are likely to be stood alone in public with a large amount of cash on you.

I applaud what was a very clever attempt to ensure the OP got a ticket, but in future dont bother sugar coating it with all this charity talk and "I'm doing it for you guys" crap, and either queue up or ring up like everybody else.

I'll be in the queue on the day they arrive, buying 2 tickets, like I do for every away game, if I miss out, it's my own tough titties, but if I'm there early enough, I wont miss out.

Sonny, is the invitation to spoon first come first serve?

So you really thought I was going to do this do you? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was just challenging the club policy by presenting them with a potential scenario that demonstrated the flaws of the current system.

Looks like they have seen sense and adopted my suggestion.

It means three of us will have to queue up for our tickets instead of just sending intercityowl :biggrin: and I won't get a lie in :sad: but I think that's fair.

If the person in front of me in the queue had bought the last 100 tickets and I had queued for 5 hours for nowt I wouldn't think that was fair.

So my little plan has worked thanks to the power of owlstalk (and common sense).

So you really thought I was going to do this do you? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I was just challenging the club policy by presenting them with a potential scenario that demonstrated the flaws of the current system.

So my little plan has worked thanks to the power of owlstalk (and common sense).

Who knows, given that you were willing to spend time setting up this elaborate bluff I cant be sure.

But there are flaws in every system, no matter how tickets are allocated, when it comes to games like this, season ticket holders are still going to miss out.

If you still miss out on tickets now, will you still feel that this system is better? Or will it be unfair and you'll start a new campaign?

Wasn't it easier last season when you were crap, couldn't even sell out away to Hudders then....

It was live on telly just after Christmas and you really aren't important to us.........

Only a "derby" in your dog-shagging heads.....

You were the same with Leeds.....

Insignificant tramps. flip off.

I think that's the bite you were after.......... :wacko:

Edited by sonofbert2

Guest Big Guns

As someone who has benefitted from others queuing on behalf of me for away tickets armed with just my Season Ticket ID number - as well as many others I still do not think this system is fair.

In recent weeks there have been stories of people buying 50+ tickets for mates who are still in bed.

I have suggested to SWFC, via twitter, that for the Brentford game there should be a limit, say 5 per person.

The response was that they will be sold as before. Not fair in my opinion so here's the plan.........

I will be setting up camp outside the ticket office in the near future.

Anyone that wants a Brentford ticket should come and see me with their cash and ID number.

I will be asking for an optional charity donation for this service which will be going to SCH.

If everyone donates just £2/£3 that would be £5000 for the Childrens Hospital.

(Feel free to bring drinks/food to help me in my charity quest)

I will also have a ticket for the Huddersfield game (which obviously I can no longer use) The highest charity donator before midnight on Friday will get my Huddersfield ticket.

Please get down early as I expect all 1800 tickets to be "sold" before the Oldham game.

Have you told grandad about this ,you can't be part of Wednesdayite they would want at least a tenner donation.