SETTING UP CAMP!

As someone who has benefitted from others queuing on behalf of me for away tickets armed with just my Season Ticket ID number - as well as many others I still do not think this system is fair.

In recent weeks there have been stories of people buying 50+ tickets for mates who are still in bed.

I have suggested to SWFC, via twitter, that for the Brentford game there should be a limit, say 5 per person.

The response was that they will be sold as before. Not fair in my opinion so here's the plan.........

I will be setting up camp outside the ticket office in the near future.

Anyone that wants a Brentford ticket should come and see me with their cash and ID number.

I will be asking for an optional charity donation for this service which will be going to SCH.

If everyone donates just £2/£3 that would be £5000 for the Childrens Hospital.

(Feel free to bring drinks/food to help me in my charity quest)

I will also have a ticket for the Huddersfield game (which obviously I can no longer use) The highest charity donator before midnight on Friday will get my Huddersfield ticket.

Please get down early as I expect all 1800 tickets to be "sold" before the Oldham game.

Although i dont agree with the way tickets are sold i definately wouldnt be giving my ID no or cash to a stranger to que for tickets for me.

This isnt the best idea and please dont be offended if anything should happen to your tent & your best laid plans on the morning of Brentford ticket sales(not that i would do such a thing).

Ticket allocation is far from perfect but should we not work with the club for future seasons than antagonise them with stupid ideas?

Edited by coopswfc76

Bloke behind me in the queue for Huddersfield tickets was buying 53 tickets, all for a coach run by a pub, can't remember which one it was. They were all season ticket holders, had ID numbers and the cash. Wheres the problem in that and whats the difference in one man buying 53 tickets or 53 men buying one each? They're going to get sold either way. I don't understand how it is unfair?

I'll be down early on the morning Brentford tickets go on sale buying 10. Limiting it to 5 tickets per person would mean that 5 of my friends (who have travelled all over the country along with me) missing out. I'm the only one of us who is able to get down early in the morning as the majority live out of town and work in jobs where they can not take the time away to queue.

No, my response is to use the system.

And benefit a good charity.

And your plan for none Owlstalk users?

I personally don't think there's that much of a problem with the system but can understand why people are not happy with it. However, you would never change a system mid way through (or in this case at the end of) a season.

If you think about it, it's like getting down to S6 and seeing your mate at the front of the queue.

You go up to him, pass him the cash and your ID number and off you go back to bed.

You then buy him a pint at the match.

(I don't think this is fair on the person at the back of the queue who gets told the last ticket has just been sold as he gets to the front having queued for 5 hours)

However this is allowed under the current system and SWFC have stated they will not be changing it.

In this case I am "Your mate at the front of the queue"

Except I don't even want a pint for my trouble - just an optional charity donation.

Bloke behind me in the queue for Huddersfield tickets was buying 53 tickets, all for a coach run by a pub, can't remember which one it was. They were all season ticket holders, had ID numbers and the cash. Wheres the problem in that and whats the difference in one man buying 53 tickets or 53 men buying one each? They're going to get sold either way. I don't understand how it is unfair?

I'll be down early on the morning Brentford tickets go on sale buying 10. Limiting it to 5 tickets per person would mean that 5 of my friends (who have travelled all over the country along with me) missing out. I'm the only one of us who is able to get down early in the morning as the majority live out of town and work in jobs where they can not take the time away to queue.

So what's the difference in one man buying 200 tickets or 200 men buying 1 ticket.

or

What's the difference in one man buying 1800 tickets or 1800 men buying 1 ticket.

You think it's fair, the club thinks it's fair.

So we are all agreed?

I'm going to set up a rival base camp and disrupt your troublesome campaign of hate against the club at this important time of the season.

Instead of charity donations everyone can choose to put in a couple of quid for some beer and beer tents in the car park after the Wycombe game. Charity vs beer, you decide.

I'm going to set up a rival base camp and disrupt your troublesome campaign of hate against the club at this important time of the season.

Instead of charity donations everyone can choose to put in a couple of quid for some beer and beer tents in the car park after the Wycombe game. Charity vs beer, you decide.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Forgot to mention.

I will be "holding back" 50 tickets which will form part of an "executive package".

Full details of this will be released once all tickets have gone and fans are really desperate.

However it will include a MATCH TICKET, "executive" coach with seats, them little fan things and maybe a working bog!

En route you will be served with one of our lasses home made prawn sandwiches and we will be stopping at a pub where you will receive a complimentary half of lager.

This exclusive package will be available to true fans only at the bargain price of £299.99.

No season ticket or away stub necessary.