Lewis Buxton

....reminds me of Gary Neville. Straight shouldered posture. Overlapping runs. Great balls into the box. Defensively sound on the ground and in the air. Always positionally perfect. Does more than his fair share of defending. Does more than his fair share of attacking. Never has a bad game. Owns the right hand side of the field whenever he plays in his natural fullback position.

Best player in the club IMHO.

Makes me wonder why some people thought we missed Tavernier when he back.

He's better breaking forward than tavernier ever was, and he can actually play defensively unlike tavernier, obviously why we played him on the right side.

Guest oz_owl
Makes me wonder why some people thought we missed Tavernier when he back. He's better breaking forward than tavernier ever was, and he can actually play defensively unlike tavernier, obviously why we played him on the right side.

I think most of the comments about Tavernier were that we missed him playing on the right wing, because he gave us great balance with Marshall on the other flank, not right back.

Guest highamowl

good game as always. He does what a full back should do. Gets forward and pins the opposition winger back. Caused them a lot of problems last night, and gives us the balance we need going forward. well played!

Big fan of Buxton.

To be honest I didn't think he had his best game last night, but overall he's a top player and the most reliable performer at the club.

Said it before I think if you asked him to play up front or in goal he'd make a decent fist of it, 11 Lewis Buxtons in a team and you wouldn't go far wrong.

If I'm being honest I thought defensively we were abit shakey last night. Think Buxton and Bennett had poor games. Buxton's will 'ave been a one off, but I don't feel comfortable with Bennett. Stands off his man far too much for my liking.

If I'm being honest I thought defensively we were abit shakey last night. Think Buxton and Bennett had poor games. Buxton's will 'ave been a one off, but I don't feel comfortable with Bennett. Stands off his man far too much for my liking.

Reda does that too, the only difference is Reda can swallow up the ground in 2 strides and he's back goal side again.

Bennett is a stand in, and a capable one, to be fair to the lad he would probably be first choice LB for quite a few sides in this division.

Our best player for the last 2 years.

We need another version of him at LB as i fear for our REDA

in the new set up. Love REDA to bits but he only fits into a certain

style of play. And the less said about Bennett the better, poor LB

it's clear DJ likes attacking wing play down the flanks

we have the tools (fullbacks) to support play like this

buxton is more suited to this tactic and also reda, he loves whipping the ball across

no more centre mids out wide please.......................ever

Makes me wonder why some people thought we missed Tavernier when he back.

He's better breaking forward than tavernier ever was, and he can actually play defensively unlike tavernier, obviously why we played him on the right side.

I liked Tavernier playing right midfield. Thought he was a disaster at right back!

Re Lewis Buxton - f*cking awesome!

DJ in the post match interview described both our full backs display 'as absolutely outstanding'