Megson on Radio 5 live tonight

Guest insideowl

Clubs chasing promotion win, no matter who it's against. Why was everyone so surprised that we won?

Clubs chasing promotion however don't throw away leads - we have thrown games away more than we have played good football.

Was a worrying situation.

How did the Blunts and Udders get on at the weekend?

Edited by lanzaroteowl

interesting how we got rid of a manger who chased down a team 10 points above to get automatic promotion and replaced him with the manager who lost that lead and got sacked because of it.

Don't get me wrong i hope jones does well obviously but i'd have been more comfortable with Megson taking us forward.

Correct

You were there for the negotiations were you?

Funnily enough, no. I wasn't. Although I was clicking refresh on this site whilst Nick Parker's theatrics, a few porky pies and an intervention from the deputy Prime Minister saved us from liquidation with minutes to spare. You don't have to join up many dots to know that we were a long way up shiit creek with out a paddle before Milan came in. Not that I believe this absolves him from any criticism, just criticism of the moronic kind.

Sorry FG but jones hasn't done anything yet , good look to him , but if being gullible in backing a manager who got us into third surely it is gullible to believe we are going to get automatics, with a manager who has done nothing yet as far as swfc goes, whether DJ goes on to achieve what milan brought him in for works ,(and i hope it does) all well and good , but he has to earn the points to do that by winning games ,at this present time

that is not applicable cause we haven't played under jones yet , is all i am saying ,i hope he succeeds i really do ,

To be honest Trev I don't know what your point is.

Has anyone on this site said we have a world beater, or we definitely will get automatic.

Are you suggesting we don't have any expectation of a new manager? I know you keep wishing Jones luck, but the more you write it it almost seems you're building up to a told you so.

How did the Blunts and Udders get on at the weekend?

Not sure it's possible for every team to win every game but if all people have in Megsons defence is a 1-0 win then they're struggling to win me over about the half a dozen games earlier in the season when we threw games away.

The only two results that stick in my mind as being great results in hindsight is the Charlton away and MK Dons at home results.

interesting how we got rid of a manger who chased down a team 10 points above to get automatic promotion and replaced him with the manager who lost that lead and got sacked because of it.

Don't get me wrong i hope jones does well obviously but i'd have been more comfortable with Megson taking us forward.

To be fair they sacked him the year Megson got us up again and they came down. But they've never got over "The Choke Season" and only beaten us twice in 13 since

p.s. it was 10 places & 12pts

Edited by Guest

Morons? He did well till Huddersfield and its gone down hill since then. The teams we have won since then we've struggled and we've been beaten at by some very tame teams.

Fact is you don't win games on long balls, having people who are willing to chase the ball and chasing hopeless things.

If he was sacked for a fallout with Megson or results, I'll trust Mandaric (Who was the only investor not wanting to put us in administration and who paid for all the players we would never have had) over some jester of a manager.

The sentence highlighted above suggests that you are in not in any position to call 'insideowl' an uneducated clown. It does, however, draw attention to your own inadequacies in the field of education.

I would never say it told you so fg , and i can see the point of supporting the new manager , i can't see the point of because i and a few others have a different point of view we are told ;,by some we are gullible ,or wise up or megson did nothing ,we can make our own assumptions on that score ,

and i do wish the new manager well , because if he does well then ultimately we do ,at the moment i am at the crossroads on the decision ,all well and good if it works but if not ,what then

Is anyone disappointed with the timing of this interview?

Couldn't it have waited till Wednesday after Jones's first game?

We could have done without any of this grief at this point in the season. Especially after we could have rode the high from the Derby to a shot at automatic promotion. Now we have to start from cold, lets hope DJ can get us moving and fast!

Guest Wirrowl

And this view that he's gone so he doesn't matter. Would you apply that to Hirst? To Waddle? What are you on about? The present and future is a tiny part of what Wednesday is about.

Guest totemowl

Decent? Name me three occasions where we've played excellent football for 90 minutes under Megson.

We'd have definitely lost because we struggled against Chesterfield.

Rubbish question. Not least because it's all about opinion.

But you asked the question, so you tell me 3 occasions when we've played excellent football for 90 minutes.

Rubbish question. Not least because it's all about opinion.

But you asked the question, so you tell me 3 occasions when we've played excellent football for 90 minutes.

Of course its opinion. Last time I can recall was hartlepool away. And that was under Irvine.

In a year of Megsons tenure I can't think of one.

and so would you without what megson did for us .... mug

What did Megson do? Have half a good season then sent us downhill after that? Played poor all season? Never convincingly played well.

Average manager is a very poor L1 this year.

Megson DID NOT keep us out of administration.

Now I'm sure your brain will not be smart enough to accept a FACT and you'll just hang onto what Megson says.

Did you leave school half way through reception?