Megson on Radio 5 live tonight

Guest insideowl

Guest Wirrowl

Megson 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me. Mandy a distant 4th. And as is stated above - Jonesy-boy is all talk up to now.

Morons? He did well till Huddersfield and its gone down hill since then. The teams we have won since then we've struggled and we've been beaten at by some very tame teams.

Fact is you don't win games on long balls, having people who are willing to chase the ball and chasing hopeless things.

If he was sacked for a fallout with Megson or results, I'll trust Mandaric (Who was the only investor not wanting to put us in administration and who paid for all the players we would never have had) over some jester of a manager.

sure sign of a sheep that statement, following the opinion. we played long ball during those defeats, when the players panicked, but in general we played some decent football this season.

Not sure how accurate your statement about mandaric being the only one willing to stump up the funds was, yes im very grateful for him saving the club. but stop trotting that out as a line every time someone questions his decision making. He might have saved us, doesnt mean that everything he does is the right thing.

we were third in the league and i could see Megson was building a side with character. im pretty sure, if he had had two more seasons, we would have become a formidable championship club under him. unlike a select few, iv got the patience to wait when i can see good progress is being made. we've been sh!t for years, one more years wait isnt going to hurt.

Guest Wirrowl

sure sign of a sheep that statement, following the opinion. we played long ball during those defeats, when the players panicked, but in general we played some decent football this season.

Not sure how accurate your statement about mandaric being the only one willing to stump up the funds was, yes im very grateful for him saving the club. but stop trotting that out as a line every time someone questions his decision making. He might have saved us, doesnt mean that everything he does is the right thing.

we were third in the league and i could see Megson was building a side with character. im pretty sure, if he had had two more seasons, we would have become a formidable championship club under him. unlike a select few, iv got the patience to wait when i can see good progress is being made. we've been sh!t for years, one more years wait isnt going to hurt.

Everything Hawkeye said. And we would DEFINITELY have won at Rochdale with derby day momentum. Momentum that was binned for ego.

Decent? Name me three occasions where we've played excellent football for 90 minutes under Megson.

Everything Hawkeye said. And we would DEFINITELY have won at Rochdale with derby day momentum. Momentum that was binned for ego.

We'd have definitely lost because we struggled against Chesterfield.

MASSIVE club

Great fans

Turning corner

Sleeping giant

Left good squad

Better than when joined

bla, bla, flipping bla

Not a dig at him personally but I wish for once someone from the football world would do or say something flipping interesting in an interview.

Or even just do the flipping interview in a Harold Wilson voice if you've got nothing interesting to say.

Wolves could do a lot worse than appoint Megson until the Summer.

:staton:

They're still way too traumatised after what Megson did to them in 2001-02 :biggrin: . Guess who their manager was then :wink: It would be funny, but, I doubt he'd need the greif and he's still loved here

Edited by Guest

Guest Wirrowl

We'd have definitely lost because we struggled against Chesterfield.

No way! Sacking Megson took us back to the pre-derby malaise. But if we had been able to carry derby day into the game at Rochdale then we would have hammered em. I'm in no doubt whatsoever. The belief that the Wednesday team got in that 2nd half v the piggies was pure gold. That was the turning point - the derby. United have crumbled and we would have been off on a surge. But Mandy said no.

Sorry FG but jones hasn't done anything yet , good look to him , but if being gullible in backing a manager who got us into third surely it is gullible to believe we are going to get automatics, with a manager who has done nothing yet as far as swfc goes, whether DJ goes on to achieve what milan brought him in for works ,(and i hope it does) all well and good , but he has to earn the points to do that by winning games ,at this present time

that is not applicable cause we haven't played under jones yet , is all i am saying ,i hope he succeeds i really do ,

What was the next result after Chesterfield??

Clubs chasing promotion win, no matter who it's against. Why was everyone so surprised that we won?

Clubs chasing promotion however don't throw away leads - we have thrown games away more than we have played good football.

Was a worrying situation.

Guest insideowl

You'd be watching team no where near the top of the table who'd have just had a season with a minus ten point deduction along with selling our best players. You uneducated clown

and so would you without what megson did for us .... mug

Guest insideowl

They're still way too traumatised after what Megson did to them in 2001-02 :biggrin: . Guess who their manager was then :wink: It would be funny, but, I doubt he'd need the greif and he's still loved here

interesting how we got rid of a manger who chased down a team 10 points above to get automatic promotion and replaced him with the manager who lost that lead and got sacked because of it.

Don't get me wrong i hope jones does well obviously but i'd have been more comfortable with Megson taking us forward.