Megson on Radio 5 live tonight

Guest insideowl

Guest Wirrowl

Oldishowl what a fantastic post. The way Wednesdayites have started slagging Megson is nauseating. After 3 or 4 years of a side with no bottle he put the pride back. GARYMEGSONSBARMYARMY!

It was just putting that one line up there. I might have been taken out and shot for that. And definitely not my view.

I think you're being a bit over sensitive really. The second line of your original post was addressing a different point.

I apologise for misrepresenting your view, I've never noticed any of your posts on here before so I took your post on face value and contributed to the debate.

Edited by Slick.

The worst thing the sacking has done wether you are for or against, is split the fan base that was as united as its been since the Atkinson days.

I'd take promotion at the cost of a split fanbase.

And it was not megson that brought the fanbase together .

It was manderic. The divisions in the fanbase before that were down to boardroom matters.

Not going to talk about the past before wednesday.

But as for us, we went from 2nd in december in to the most drastic freefall i have ever seen.

The free fall was only halted when megson randomly tried out mellor and madine up front (after ignoring melor for about 8 games) and got danny batth into defence.

He achieved the bare minimum of what that squad was capable of though...and coming into this season, if you take away marshall, our perfomances have been pretty similar.

nowt to do with mellor being injured then and taking a while to get back to form and match fitness

why would you take away one of meson's key (loan) signings? isn't the sign of a good manager being able to spot quality players like marshall?

nowt to do with mellor being injured then and taking a while to get back to form and match fitness

why would you take away one of meson's key (loan) signings? isn't the sign of a good manager being able to spot quality players like marshall?

And Antonio for that matter

oh and Batth and Semedo and converting Reda to left back