Just got back

Having seen Wednesday develop under Megson I wholeheartedly disagree that we were awful.

People around me were moaning about the performance despite the positives.

can anyone disagree that we looked good in the first half? We got the ball down the right very well, had plenty of chances and dominated.

The tactical changes at half time to push Antonio further up did not work and we looked much worse.

Despite this, compared to last year we were so much better. solid at the back and much more of a threat.

The tweak we need to improve is a game changing creative midfiielder who can score from outside the box and play a killer ball.

Yes I agree with you, there was more football in the first half. I lost count the number of times Bywater threw the ball out instead of hoofing it. Somebody stood behind me never stopped moaning, yes the result was not good but I am confident that Jones will get it right.

Having seen Wednesday develop under Megson I wholeheartedly disagree that we were awful.

People around me were moaning about the performance despite the positives.

can anyone disagree that we looked good in the first half? We got the ball down the right very well, had plenty of chances and dominated.

The tactical changes at half time to push Antonio further up did not work and we looked much worse.

Despite this, compared to last year we were so much better. solid at the back and much more of a threat.

The tweak we need to improve is a game changing creative midfiielder who can score from outside the box and play a killer ball.

A threat for what? We can't even score against a bottom club FFS.

Just got home near Skipton. Sorry I must have watched a different match. The only difference from recent performances was that Bywater throw the ball out numerous times instead of houghing it. Our midfield balance is all wrong, Semedo was brilliant today, Lines and Prutton too similar, we lack creativity.

Up front that is a worry, no pace no guile or composure. What has happened to Madine he looks completely pissed off.

Jones talks of some tweaks, sorry but the team needs a major overall, if we are to get through the playoffs.

He has the players in tomorrow I wait with interest to see the difference in the next two home games.

Husband of Mrs. O, perhaps?

Can he do a job for us? Come to think of it, can she?

I've got to disagree, thought we looked poor both halves.

Also disagree with people about Bennett, thought he looked ok today, a lot better than we're used to, although still not better than Reda. He was getting exposed a lot by Prutton though.

Madine was non-existant again today, hopefully Jones can get him focused. It was clear to see today that him and O'Grady still don't work together.

Antonio was a threat again, however, he looks very unfit. We cannot rely on him all the time.

It really is time to give M. Jones a try on the wing instead of Prutton. Prutts offered nothing again today, but winger is not his position so understandable, but crazy that we still keep trying him there.

I went today as well.

Positives (in my eyes);

I thought we had a really good 10 minutes just before half time where we comfortably controlled possession and created a couple of chances.

Bywater had a much better game including a good pen save.

2nd clean sheet in a row, having conceded in 10 previous games in a row

Antonio beat his man more often than not (until he was double marked)

Negatives;

Players looked nervous and unsure of their game plan.

Passing and crossing(especially) was very poor.

Too many of our players pass the ball and then think 'right, that's my job done' and then just drift around without any desire to get the ball back.

Prutton (although I feel sorry for him being played on the left), madine, lines had particularly poor games

Danny Batth should never be allowed to play a long ball. He thinks he's Jan Molby and he passes like Christopher Biggins...

Fuc*ing officials......

Overall we played pretty poor. There is just no composure or confidence on the ball of any of our players. No sooner have they received the ball then they are looking to dump it and are not moving enough to create any real options. It is like they are scared to create chances. It frustrates me that Rochdale who are in the relegation spots just looked so much more composed than we were today.

However, even with a poor performance we had the chances to score and win today. I was amazed how Batth managed to head down and over the bar and Jones snatched a header and put over which he should have either got on target or left for Madine. It seems like we have this notion that we are still good at set pieces and we are just wasteful. Rochdale were shocking at the back and were there to be had in the first half and any other half decent side in this division would have been two nil up at half time.

Player wise, I thought Bywater was excellent, Antonio was largely decent and Semedo was good. Everyone else was fairly average with the exception of Bennett and Prutton who had poor games. I have no idea what Mike Jones has done or looks in training to give him zero game time today, he looked good when he came on on Sunday and yet we have Prutton being dire and out of position for large portions of the match. Bringing M. Jones on would have been a better option than Lowe (crazy decision) as 4-3-3 left big holes in our midfield (especially the left side). Speaking of Lowe, I would much rather see him start instead of Madine at the moment, the former goal machine isn't doing himself any real favours right now.

Such a frustrating and awful game of football. I understand Dave Jones's comments on how it would not be a good idea to bring in wholesale changes, but the no-scoring hoofball on offer today just makes us look so ridiculously burnt out and one dimensional. We need some big changes before we can even mention the word 'promotion'.

So many wrong points in this thread!!!

Firstly we were very poor today against a soon to be league 2 side... no 8s and only a few 7s for me

It was never a penalty for them. Whichever tool said it was on here needs their head checking

Bywater wasnt time wasting... he took a knock in the previous challenge, Granted he couldve taken the kick quicker but anyone who was watching the game wouldve seen he was suffering

The penalty was thumped onto the post... though Im sure Bywater would like the credit for the save!

Totally agree Madine didnt look bothered though and the officials were awful!!! The penalty, numerous invisible fouls..at one point the ref was blowing for Buxton to retreat when taking a throw whilst he was retrieving he ball from the stand for gods sake

Opportunity missed indeed but on the bright side... ALL HAIL SHEFKI!!!

Guest krisswfc1

So many wrong points in this thread!!!

Firstly we were very poor today against a soon to be league 2 side... no 8s and only a few 7s for me

It was never a penalty for them. Whichever tool said it was on here needs their head checking

Bywater wasnt time wasting... he took a knock in the previous challenge, Granted he couldve taken the kick quicker but anyone who was watching the game wouldve seen he was suffering

The penalty was thumped onto the post... though Im sure Bywater would like the credit for the save!

Totally agree Madine didnt look bothered though and the officials were awful!!! The penalty, numerous invisible fouls..at one point the ref was blowing for Buxton to retreat when taking a throw whilst he was retrieving he ball from the stand for gods sake

Opportunity missed indeed but on the bright side... ALL HAIL SHEFKI!!!

i agree with this, we were poor

Bywater 7 - Played well

Bennett 6 - Not as bad as people are making out

Jones 7 - Did ok, great defensive headers. Headers on goal always go over.

Batth 8 - Very solid, professional display.

Buxton 7 - Did well for me. Did the forward runs for Antonio but didn't come off in htis match.

Prutton 5 - Please get off his back. He's out of position.

Lines 6 - Did ok. A few decent balls but lacks the killer pass and defensive positioning isn't good.

Semedo 8 - Back to his usual self.

Antonio 7 - Takes his man on and gets the crosses in. 2nd half crosses were not good though.

O'Grady 7 - Work horse. Good first touch. Tight angled shot in 1st half should have been squared to Madine.

Madine 5 - The lads head needs sorting out.

Sub:

Lowe 7 - Lively. Didn't see a foul when he put the ball in the net. Other refs would have given the penalty. eg Drew Talbot at Wembley??